Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights   Crimsontrace
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Something for you K9 owners

Quote Originally Posted by 187911 View Post
    The K9/K40 threaded barrels have been around for years now... I've had one installed on my K9 and K40 for over 5 years...

@187911,

I'm confused. You mention threaded barrel, but your photo shows a ported/compensated barrel. Did you intend to attach a different photo?

rx7sig

Default T9 barrel in a K9?

Quote Originally Posted by FreeMe View Post
    You're welcome!
    I would assume that "some fitting" is our clue that we shouldn't expect it to be a drop in part.
    @FreeMe,

I've just jumped all over this, finally! I just placed a RA order with Kahr Inc. after speaking with Kahr CSR "Mark" about this.

I just received an e-mail from Kahr: "Your request for return authorization is submitted successfully."

Stay tuned ...

rx7sig

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rx7sig View Post
    Hmmm. I've never thought that my K9 warranted compensating. It's not "flippy" whatsoever (to me) even with +P self-defense ammo.

Moreover, is having a ported CC self-defense pistol even a good idea?

However, wouldn't it be neat if Kahr offered a non-ported but threaded-for-silencer option for this barrel!!??

rx7sig
    Quote Originally Posted by rx7sig View Post
    @187911,

I'm confused. You mention threaded barrel, but your photo shows a ported/compensated barrel. Did you intend to attach a different photo?

rx7sig
    I meant to say ported not threaded.

I’ve been using one on mine for years. The K9 doesn’t need a ported barrel but I like it.

I have had the ported barrels on my P9 and P40 for years. I got the P40 one to help with recoil "flip" and like the extra length, too, so I got one for my P9.

If they made one for my P45, I would buy one. I like the extra length.

Make sure the barrel you are ordering is for your particular pistol. I don't remember, but I think that there were different versions for the P9/CW9 and the K9.

The port forward of the sights is less messy with powder residue on the front sight than the Mag-Na-Ported ones and throws the flash forward and up. The flash is more like an unported barrel, not bright like the Mag-Na-Ported ones, though I didn't find the latter bothersome, but I never fired it at night, just in a dark range.

Picture 1 of my Kahrs and picture 2 of the P9 with the 4" ported barrel firing the Federal Micro HST 150-grain ammo. I took several stills from video and this is representative of those shots. Picture 3 is the same ammo in my wife's Glock G43 with standard barrel. The Micro HST is standard pressure with good penetration and expansion... what I wanted for my wife. I like it, too.

The powder used is very low flash. Some of the FMJ is VERY BRIGHT, but nothing as bright as the Mag-na-ported P40.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by wyntrout; 04-04-2021 at 10:47 AM.
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Wyntrout: Nice extensors there man! I bet you can land a heavy punch!!!

Dang! That was over 6 years ago and I didn't do any exercising or anything with my arms.

About 3 years ago I started exercising and using my treadmill for walking at 4 MPH for maybe an hour or so after exercise and added to my execising dumbbells and last year early, I got a punching/kick bag and started using that.

I quit everything the start of last December and need to get going again. My shoulders... both torn rotator cuffs... and my knees rheumatoid arthritis, I guess... started really bothering me. Deep squats with dumbbells got my knees hurting and I'm not sure if it was some of the supplements that I had started taking for COVID prevention... NAC and Quercetin. Those might have got gotten my immune system into overdrive and attacked my knees.

Anyhow, I stopped everything and quit the NAC and after my vaccinations quit the extra quercetin, too. It's going to be hard, but I need to get back into my exercise regimen after 4 months off. I was punching and kicking the Everlast bag and learned that kicks don't connect if you're too far away! Your opponent won't be intimidated by your foot pausing at full extension just 6 inches or so short of striking his face or chest. It's nice to have a target for resistance, too. I hurt myself several times with unrestrained kicks at nothing.

I even got a 15-lb purse/kettle weight to practice bowling approaches because the last time I tried bowling... about 3 1/2 years ago, in the second game something popped and I had to quit... pulled hamstring, I guess... game over. That was after about a 10 year absence from any bowling, because of my injured shoulders... ski falls back in 1983/84 while in Europe.

I'll be 75 in June and I'm trying to stay fit so I can do just about anything, but be able to run more than a minute or two. This all started when I went to hop up a retaining wall about 5 feet high to get into the uphill neighbors yard for something. I almost did a hard faceplant... no upper body strength! I tried twice with the same results, so I knew that I needed to start exercising! I WAS up to 25 pushups and will be lucky to do 15 now. I tried after a few months and could do 17, 18, 19 in three days, but that was tough. I usually give out around 22 or so, but was managing 25 before stopping.

Even with all of my aches and pains, I can kick over my head and block and punch a bit. I can claim to have studied karate on Okinawa back in 1967/68, but I only went to a few classes before giving that up because of our LONG 18+ hour flights and TDYs to 'Nam. I wish that I could have followed up with that. I'm a wee bit old now, but I would like to have options besides shooting someone.
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Well I think that given what you’ve been through, as well as the amount of years you’ve put your body through that, you are doing very well. How many can kick over their head, at any age? (not this guy) I know what you mean about getting back at it after an injury. I had a back injury in October, was about well, then broke my foot and re-injured the back in the process. Getting back on one’s feet is one thing, but getting back into the gym, or any kind of exercise regiment has been rather tough. It does help that I got my son into weights earlier last year as he now pushes me to go. At 15 years old, he is actually the best workout partner I’ve ever had. He also motivates me to go lift sometimes when I’m just not feeling it. Interesting what you say about the karate studies when in Japan. I wish I could continue Jiu Jitsu, but have come to the realization that I just injure myself too easily. My torn rotator cuff, torn meniscus, pinched nerves, etc were all from that sport. I loved it, but had to walk, or limp, away from it.
    Whatever you are doing with those forearms though... it’s working! Looks like you have some steel cables working in there mr robocop!

I was doing nothing to help my arms... just perspective there... not built up. Thanks, though.

I napped in my TV chair last night and got up with a pain in my left should blade area... hurts and may be persistent for days! I've been trying to get rid of it with one of those deep-pounding vibrators, but no luck... ran the battery down and it's charging again.

I didn't even do my pushups this morning. I've been doing some stretches and trying to get back up to 22-25 pushups, but not today. I got up to 18 yesterday. That's to absolute exhaustion or failure. My pulse can really get up there doing those... 130 or more by the last one.

I want to ease back into things and get a routine going again.

My wife and I are vending at our favorite gun show this weekend. She suggested it after our last show two months ago, which was after almost two years since the last one. I only do the local shows and just one of those now.

We won't take in as much money this time because I sold most of my ammo in higher demand... the .22LR. I kept about 3K for my possible needs in the future. I don't shoot much .22LR... not as much fun as large caliber centerfire.

I don't have any 9mm left to sell, except my Speer 124-gr +P Gold Dots, Short Barrel. I switched ammo. I don't have .380 to sell, either, but may see if I can swap some FMJ for Critical Defense again. I'm TRYING to switch to that for .380 carry. It's harder to shoot the +P these days and stay near the center of the target!

Thomas Jefferson said

and

Well it sounds like you are staying on top of your health, or at least making a good effort at it. Good job not doing what I’ve done too often, which is to let it slide for too long (tv, naps, snacks, general laziness at times).
    I love that Critical Defense ammo too. So soft to shoot, yet so fast outta the barell! If anyone doubts how good of a defense weapon a .380 can be with modern ammo I think they may see things a little different using that ammo.