Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: This pretty much explains it all

Default This pretty much explains it all

Up is down, down is up. I can’t keep up. I just can’t. I'm stressed. I’m exhausted trying to figure out what we’re all supposed to do, believe, and be outraged by next.

Two months ago, First Responders were all the rage. In fact, they were heroes. We gave them free coffee, meals, and cheers as they drove by. Today we hate them and want them defunded because they can’t be trusted.

Nurses and Doctors are still cool for now. But they may be unemployed. They too are heroes, unless of course they truly believe all lives matter. Then they’re filled with hate and are part of problem like so many others.

Just 45 days ago protests weren’t “essential” and were considered criminal, selfish and a murderous activity. Today they are gloriously critical and celebrated. All of the obvious criminal and murderous activities are simply ignored. If you protest about lockdowns for freedom, you are selfish and you will spread a virus. If you protest, loot, and riot for social justice, you are a warrior and the virus cedes. If you open your restaurant, you get arrested. If you destroy a restaurant, we will bail you out.

Trust the experts. No, not those experts. Don’t wear masks ... wear masks, but only good ones. Wait, don’t wear masks, wear anything as a mask. Nevermind on the masks. Not sure, but if you don’t, you hate people because you could be an asymptomatic spreader. Wait. That's not a thing anymore?

For 3 months, NOTHING was more important than social distance. In fact, we gave up all of our liberties for it. We canceled schools, medical and dental procedures, but abortion was ok, canceled activities, closed businesses, eliminated every spring rite of passage from prom to graduation, denied people funerals, even at Arlington, and we wrecked the economy for it. Then came social justice, and social distance was no more. Now things are more cut and dry though. A thousand people at three memorials for someone they never even met. It's a matter of "respect". But you can only assemble 100 or less people.

Covid cases are suddenly spiking in Arizona and Florida. Wait, the sun kills the virus?! No, Trump is holding rallies there soon! Rallies must be cancelled.

Black Lives Matter. Of course they do. Then multiple black police officers and individuals were killed during the “peaceful protests”. I don’t see any outrage. Black individually owned businesses burned to the ground. Silence. Deadliest weekend in Chicago. NOTHING!!

I’m really confused now. Look at the data, NO, not that data. Do the math. No, you can’t do the math like that. Only the experts can understand the data and math. What do you mean other cities/states/governors are interpreting the data differently? Pools are safe in Indiana, but not Michigan? Playgrounds are safe in your town but not mine? Amusement parks are safe in Florida but not Ohio?

Just listen to the black community leaders. No, not them. Don’t listen to that black cop, he doesn’t know what he’s talking about!

If you are silent you are part of the problem. If you speak, you are part of the problem. If you have to ask, you don’t understand. If you don’t ask, you don’t care.

It’s all so unpredictable, tedious, and exhausting. Nothing adds up. It’s one gigantic common core Math life problem, with ever changing denominators that I’m sure the media and politicians are eagerly ready to solve for us....until the next "crisis".

So for now I pray. I pray God will heal our land and bless the United States of America.

Not my words, but my thoughts exactly.

That sums it up!
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

The problem is you are wanting to use a measuring stick to figure things out. Well, we don’t use measuring sticks any more because that’s a standard. Standards aren’t nice. We don’t need standards because some things might not measure up and to say something doesn’t measure up wouldn’t be nice. We need to say everybody’s thing measures up so they don’t get their feelings hurt. And if someone measures greater they need a trim some off to make it like or preferably less than everyone else’s. That’s the only fair thing to do. And to and this applies to everything we see in this world today. Does that help?
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Bert, buddy...I believe you summed up the source of your angst in your first sentence:
    "I’m exhausted trying to figure out what we’re all supposed to do, believe, and be outraged by next."
    With respect Sir, I'm going to recommend that you STOP caring about the "supposed to" stuff...and just be yourself. Believe in what you have always believed in, be outraged by what has always outraged you.You got this far with your own core values and beliefs...why change them now..??

I think the current state of affairs eliminates confusion and stress. Just tune into the latest woke narrative and repeat it ad nauseam. No need for moral standards or critical thinking. What could be simpler?

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Quote Originally Posted by guido4198 View Post
    I'm going to recommend that you STOP caring about the "supposed to" stuff...and just be yourself. Believe in what you have always believed in, be outraged by what has always outraged you.
    I had this next door neighbor who has since passed away who was a real character. He was in his mid-70’s, retired army chief warrant officer who’s career spanned the entire Vietnam era. I was in my mid 40’s and he could work circles around me even after 2 open heart surgeries. Real honorable guy. He liked to talk about lots of different things. One day he said something that was very politically incorrect , not mean, just politically incorrect. So I said to him “don’t you know you need to be sensitive to everyone else these days?” He busted out laughing and said “I say what I want and don’t have to care what anyone thinks, I’m old!” And then he busted out laughing again.

Ive always thought the same way. Always try to set the standard of how I live higher than the norm so if folks are intimidated by that, that’s their problem I figure.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    I think the current state of affairs eliminates confusion and stress. Just tune into the latest woke narrative and repeat it ad nauseam. No need for moral standards or critical thinking. What could be simpler?
    That will make you popular on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by yqtszhj View Post
    I had this next door neighbor who has since passed away who was a real character. He was in his mid-70’s, retired army chief warrant officer who’s career spanned the entire Vietnam era. I was in my mid 40’s and he could work circles around me even after 2 open heart surgeries. Real honorable guy. He liked to talk about lots of different things. One day he said something that was very politically incorrect , not mean, just politically incorrect. So I said to him “don’t you know you need to be sensitive to everyone else these days?” He busted out laughing and said “I say what I want and don’t have to care what anyone thinks, I’m old!” And then he busted out laughing again.

Ive always thought the same way. Always try to set the standard of how I live higher than the norm so if folks are intimidated by that, that’s their problem I figure.
    Your neighbor had it all figured out, words to live by. Do away with political correctness and we'd be on the road to better things.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

No, this explains it all.

Get used to it kids. It is an election year and a lot of people hate their president and will stop an nothing to get him out of office. It's all about the power.
    "Never pet a burning dog"