Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen

Thread: The great Destantis

Default The great Destantis

Finally another Desantis. Have one now for Kahr 380, Beretta Pico, Kahr CM9, beretta Nano's and SR9C. They have got to be the slimmest and most light weight Leather Holsters. Slim design and ride so close to the body.

Toes are good looking holsters.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

I have found that toes don't work for me.......................I prefer the Don Hume JIT holster myself..............high, tight, and minimal...................................
    Last edited by berettabone; 06-18-2020 at 07:50 AM.

Very nice Mini Scabbards. I also used Don Hume JIT holsters for years. When I got my P9 I went with a De Santis E-Gat (for some reason). I really thought about the Mini Scabbard as well and regret not getting one instead. The E-Gat is OK, but when I put the Hogue HandALL Beavertail Grip Sleeve on the P9 the front of the grip is just a smidge too close to the holster top and that slows me down some. Live and learn.

Quote Originally Posted by kilogulf59 View Post
    Very nice Mini Scabbards. I also used Don Hume JIT holsters for years. When I got my P9 I went with a De Santis E-Gat (for some reason). I really thought about the Mini Scabbard as well and regret not getting one instead. The E-Gat is OK, but when I put the Hogue HandALL Beavertail Grip Sleeve on the P9 the front of the grip is just a smidge too close to the holster top and that slows me down some. Live and learn.
    Kilo, how well did the e-gat ride close to the body. I saw it and it looks like a nice carry OWB holster. I am thinking of getting this holster shown below. Galco Hornet. Strong side, and cross draw.

https://www.galcogunleather.com/horn...html?filters=1

King Rat, the E-GAT rides fine for me. It’s on a 1½-inch $30 Gun Belt, which is thick and stiff (enough), yet is still comfortable to wear. I don’t have to over-tighten it to get the pistol to pull in. It’s a good combination, again, at least for me. DeSantis also makes THE L-GAT SLIDE, which is, as far as I can tell, simply an E-GAT with a nicer finish and burnished edges. If more security is required, their T-GAT has a thumb break.

That Galco Hornet looks like a nice holster. It does, however, have a slight butt reward cant to it, which I’m sure you noticed. That should be good for crossdraw and, with a smaller pistol, shouldn’t be a problem for strong side. Drop a .38 snub in there (or small automatic), place it at about 2 to 2:30, and it actually should be quite fast IMO. Personally, I be very tempted to give one a try.

In general, I prefer OWB (I IWB when forced to), zero or neutral cant, Avenger style, i.e. trailing-slot, belt holsters. That’s including the slide and scabbard types. The Mini-Scabbard could be an exception, but it has a butt forward cant. Galco also make their Avenger holster, something to consider if you’re interested that is...

Addendum: I forgot to mention; my minor problem with the E-GAT, "The E-Gat is OK, but when I put the Hogue HandALL Beavertail Grip Sleeve on the P9 the front of the grip is just a smidge too close to the holster top and that slows me down some.", is my fault, not the holsters. I put the sleeve on it.
    Last edited by kilogulf59; 05-22-2022 at 08:37 AM. Reason: I are forgotted sumtin...

Quote Originally Posted by kilogulf59 View Post
    King Rat, the E-GAT rides fine for me. It’s on a 1½-inch $30 Gun Belt, which is thick and stiff (enough), yet is still comfortable to wear. I don’t have to over-tighten it to get the pistol to pull in. It’s a good combination, again, at least for me. DeSantis also makes THE L-GAT SLIDE, which is, as far as I can tell, simply an E-GAT with a nicer finish and burnished edges. If more security is required, their T-GAT has a thumb break.

That Galco Hornet looks like a nice holster. It does, however, have a slight butt reward cant to it, which I’m sure you noticed. That should be good for crossdraw and, with a smaller pistol, shouldn’t be a problem for strong side. Drop a .38 snub in there (or small automatic), place it at about 2 to 2:30, and it actually should be quite fast IMO. Personally, I be very tempted to give one a try.

In general, I prefer OWB (I IWB when forced to), zero or neutral cant, Avenger style, i.e. trailing-slot, belt holsters. That’s including the slide and scabbard types. The Mini-Scabbard could be an exception, but it has a butt forward cant. Galco also make their Avenger holster, something to consider if you’re interested that is...

Addendum: I forgot to mention; my minor problem with the E-GAT, "The E-Gat is OK, but when I put the Hogue HandALL Beavertail Grip Sleeve on the P9 the front of the grip is just a smidge too close to the holster top and that slows me down some.", is my fault, not the holsters. I put the sleeve on it.
    Thanks for the info.

You're welcome. The reason for the longer than a yes or no answer is...caffiene