Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen

Thread: Soon to be a new Kahr Cw9 owner

Default Soon to be a new Kahr Cw9 owner

Hi Kahr talk folkz.

How everybody doing?

In 2014 a buddy of mine wanted to meet up at the shooting range, he had a hi point at that time I ended up renting a gun. It was a kahr Pm9 I fell in love with the feel of the gun in the hand, the trigger and accuracy. I think that shooting range had another pm9 for sale but they wanted $500 or $600 for that that was too rich for my blood. Not trying to sound cheap but I was looking for something like $200 or $300. Ever since that day I couldn't stopping thinking about that gun 😂, I wanted a one. Forward 6 years later I purchase a kahr cw9 for $240, being how old of a gun it is was that a good price?
    (I live in California so we are limited on what guns we can buy unless it from a cop or someone who move to the state.) In 2020 is a kahr cw9 still the best gun to buy?
    I know I will need to field strip the gun once I get it, is their anything I should be looking for as far as wear and tear?
    (I bought the gun from gunbroker.)
    I know kahr sales 10 rds magazines for cm9 and cw9 but they want $60 for one, is there a cheaper option?
    Where can I found the front night sights for the kahr cw9?
    Thank you guys for any helpful information you provide!

Welcome!

Your CW9 will serve you well. And the price looks good also.

In terms of magazines, here are a couple of options for 8 round magazines.
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1006136791?pid=677575
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1006136099?pid=357475

Field strip, clean, and shoot it. Lots of help on this board if you need it, just ask!

Hey Cash! Yes, that’s a good deal and a good gun.
    For technical help, check out the Kahr-Tech forum two steps down from this one. There are several very informative sticky threads that will help you get started with your CW9.

Mine is a nice gun...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Thank you Ken for the information

Thank you Armybrat, thank you for sharing a picture of your gun. I can't wait to get mines

Hi Cash, welcome to Kahrtalk.....You got a good deal on the pistol and if you need anything at all with any problems this is the place to come....As far as magazines go I would stick with factory Kahr mags but another member here owns a company called Lakeline, Google lakelinellc.com and he makes very nice aluminum magazine followers to replace the factory plastic ones and they work very well to improve feeding, they are a little expensive but better than a misfeed at the wrong time....for night sights look at Dawson Precision and they sell a nice replacement front night sight for a really good price and it's a quality part and a direct fit....Again welcome and good luck with the CW9...

Thank you getsome for the information and for the websites, I'll check those out.

Here she is. I got in touch with Kahr to find out when it was manufactured 09/08/2016
    Last edited by Cashflex30; 07-26-2020 at 03:06 AM.