Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen

Thread: Magazines

Default Magazines

Will an 8 round 1911 mag,,such as the wilson 47d,,work in the ct45?

Quote Originally Posted by Ray View Post
    Will an 8 round 1911 mag,,such as the wilson 47d,,work in the ct45?
    Buy a WC mag and try it. I did. My CW 45 runs fine on Wilson Combat mags and are reliable enough that I carry two WC mags as reloads whenever I carry my CW 45. They do, sometimes, fail to lock the slide back when empty, however.

You should own a full sized or "Commander" 1911 anyway........ If the mags don't work in your CT 45, then run those in your 1911. I carry WC 8 rounders in my 1911's and Ballestar Molina.

The 47D works in my PM45, it does at times fail to lock back on empty.
    My officer size Wilson mags only work sporadically. Never could figure why. Same follower, same configuration on the feed lips etc.
    Could be slightly different spring pressure I suppose, never cared enough to swap springs and experiment.
    I only run the factory mags anyhow.

For what it's worth Brownells has 3 packs of 47D's on sale right now. If you buy some and they don't work for you, let me know, I'll buy them. Man can't have too many Wilson 1911 mags.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

My Mecgar officer’s mag works well in the CW45 that my son now owns. It did not lock the slide back on empty consistently though, but I could live with that.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling