Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PM9 Issue

Default PM9 Issue

I can sure use your collective help.
    In reassembling my Kahr PM 9 I made a mistake inserting the recoil spring. I didn’t notice anything until putting the slide on...
    The spring is protruding beyond the end of the slide...past the guide rod. I can not move the slide either direction...I’m locked up.
    Any suggestions appreciated, thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can't tell from the picture but is your slide release lever inserted into the gun?

If not try turning the gun upside down, tap it firmly from below and then see if you can move the slide.

Quote Originally Posted by dao View Post
    Can't tell from the picture but is your slide release lever inserted into the gun?

If not try turning the gun upside down, tap it firmly from below and then see if you can move the slide.
    Sorry, neglected to state that the slide release is not installed...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you pull the trigger and then get the slide to move?

Trigger pull should do it if you haven't done that....When you get it apart and are ready to reassemble it the open end of the recoil spring tip should be at 12 o clock or facing up towards the front sight and it shouldn't slip out the end....

I put the slide back onto my K9 with barrel out of it...it locked up...but I was able to "jiggle" it a bit and pull the trigger, allowing the slide to come off again.

Have you gotten the slide off?

Did you install the spring backwards or something? How did this happen?

Count this fixed...
    Trigger pull worked.
    I had disassembled to check head space on a new projectile (124gr RN Bayou Bullets)...it was about 0200 and my head wasn’t in the game when reassembling. 100% my doing.

I appreciate your help.

Now to test out my new rounds ( gotta seat em deep )

Thank you, all.

Awesome! Glad you got it figured out.....Folks here have helped me out many times, now go shoot um up!

Quote Originally Posted by getsome View Post
    Trigger pull should do it if you haven't done that....When you get it apart and are ready to reassemble it the open end of the recoil spring tip should be at 12 o clock or facing up towards the front sight and it shouldn't slip out the end....
    That was it. Spring was at 6 o’clock when my screw up happened. I tried to wind it in...but it just came further out. I posted the issue then walked away for a bit...to cool off & process through.
    I appreciate your help.
    I will order a new guide rod & recoil spring just in case I compromised it...I probably have 2500 rounds on this one anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by getsome View Post
    Awesome! Glad you got it figured out.....Folks here have helped me out many times, now go shoot um up!
    Yup. I‘t was a bonehead mistake on my part. BTW...Kahr suggested I should send it in and wait 3wks... you guys helped me in 24hrs.
    Thank you, again