Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to me PM9

Default New to me PM9

New to the forum and Kahr. I just purchased a Used PM9 Ma. Compliant. I am the 3rd owner.
    So far I’m liking it. Easy to carry and accurate. Person I bought it from said he only shot it once and had no use for it and he was told original owner put about 400 rounds through it. I noticed 2 things. The feed ramp is polished, do they come factory polished ? And I noticed the panel on the right where the trigger rod is the screw is slightly crooked. How can I tell if trigger work was done ?

Really not much work that can be done to the trigger. Perhaps the trigger bar might have been polished or a rough spot smoothed out. If it's working, I'd not be too concerned about it.
    Doesn't sound like it's hardly broke in. Have fun with it.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Shoot it a lot, learn to take it apart so you can keep it CLEAN, and properly lubed.
    IMHO...Those little pistols...(PM9 and CM9) are like the Lamborghini's of the handgun world. They offer fabulous performance for a pistol of their size, IF properly maintained.
    They don't respond well to being shot and ignored. In the interest of full disclosure I should add that my CM9 is my EDC handgun.
    I'm betting my life, and the lives of others on it. It HAS TO be 100 % reliable everytime it comes out of the Don Hume holster I carry it in.
    It rides on my belt every day because that has been the case. ZERO defects.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteT View Post
    The feed ramp is polished, do they come factory polished ? And I noticed the panel on the right where the trigger rod is the screw is slightly crooked?
    I'm new here too, first post. I just purchased a PM9 (used with about 400 rounds fired, too). I just looked at my screw, and it is slightly crooked (towards the front of the gun) too, it might just be that way from the factory..odd. As for the polished feed ramp, mine was also polished, which is something I always do to my guns anyways. So far, love the gun.

Shoot the snot out of those PM9s. Use quality full power rounds, not the cheap import stuff. You and the pistol will both be happy. I checked my four Kahrs, the PM45 and TP45 that cover screw is a bit crooked. In ten years it hasn’t bothered me.

Hello PeteT and RBS AZ, welcome to Kahrtalk....My daily carry pistol is a PM9, bought it new and after taking it home and giving it a good cleaning I took to to the range with 2 boxes of Winchester White Box Walmart ammo and fired 100 rounds without any problems at all....I wanted to get the 200 round break in done so I bought 2 boxes of Atlanta Arms range ammo which is pretty dirty stuff but after only giving the pistol a couple drops of Remoil on the slide I fired another 100 rounds as fast as I could load magazines and the little pistol even though being absolutely filthy never missed a beat and had zero issues....Ever since and probably more than 500 rounds later the gun has never had any malfunction of any kind so they are good little shooters.....Y'all enjoy your new pistols and let us know how it goes and again welcome to the forum, lots of really nice folks hang out here so drop by anytime!

good choice; my CM9 is my EDC/ IDPA BUG match gun also. the barrels are nickol plated and they shine up like chrome. orgianal owner (me) has put about 14 m rounds down range w/o any issues; I lube after every two matches w/ q-tip (250 rd.) and strip slide every 1 m.

NRA LIFER

IDPA BELIEVER

Quote Originally Posted by DJK11 View Post
    Shoot the snot out of those PM9s. Use quality full power rounds, not the cheap import stuff. You and the pistol will both be happy. I checked my four Kahrs, the PM45 and TP45 that cover screw is a bit crooked. In ten years it hasn’t bothered me.
    I have two CM's and shoot the snot out of cheap import stuff all the time with no problems. I see no reason to purchase high priced ammo for range work.

Quote Originally Posted by King Rat View Post
    I have two CM's and shoot the snot out of cheap import stuff all the time with no problems. I see no reason to purchase high priced ammo for range work.
    This is true but sometimes the fuller powered stuff helps in the early stages.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

When I took my CM9 to the range for the first time, I paid attention to the ammo I used. Sort of "ran a test" if you will...based upon the comments I had read about these little Kahr 9mm pistols. As many had predicted...my "soft" reloads didn't reliably function the gun in the fist couple of magazines through the NEW gun. The military 9mm fmj rounds I brought with me had NO issues.
    After a hundred rounds or so, a good cleaning and re-lubing correctly...My "soft" reloads function the little gun just fine now and have ever since (that was 2013 iirc)