You see open carry in the local Lowe's from time-to-time. Today a gentleman had the stereotypical nylon strap-over with spare mag pouch on holster. I complimented the man on open carry and asked what he was carrying. He said "G2." Not having any idea what that was, I asked. The man seemed a bit shocked I didn't know but explained that was a Taurus. We joked a bit and he gave me a fist bump (first one from a stranger since early March!).

Next up was a man with son, this time a Charles Daily 1911 in a Serpa retention holster. We spoke a bit and this guy told me he only open carried in retention holsters. He did have a reload and carry insurance. No less lethal option though. His 1911 was on Condition 3.....I don't think I've ever met anyone that carries with empty chamber. I was courteous and asked his reasoning. He explained it depended on the situation and that he had grandkids. He understood he'd have to begin his draw sooner to make time to rack the slide.

So two open carriers, both with at least one reload. No one else seemed to notice. Good conversation and fellowship.

*First man was black....so much for "blacks get shot on sight if they open carry." Nonsense as usual.