Xssights   Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Complimented two open carriers today in Lowe's.

Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    A miscreant set on robbing a place will indeed disarm or shoot a cop just like anybody else. The beginner Quick Stop tribal thief will seek other pray if they see a uniform for sure and in most cases open carry too.

While police receive very little respect unlike the old days, they are still duly noted by most all but the stupidest morons.

If you want to open carry, go ahead, no need to justify your actions or convince others to do so.

You say you love discussion to teach or learn but you seem to want to discuss until your right and everyone else is wrong.

In this case there is not absolute right or wrong answer.
    I'm not the one that got this thread off track, that was done by others who wanted to move it away from what it was (complimenting two open carriers) and over into the realm of "open carry is bad." Of course I'm going to debate that position. I could be wrong but I seem to think most people continue a debate....if you feel I have been rude or disrespectful, please point out how. I'll apologize and try to make it right.

So far, I haven't read anything that suggests there is any validity to the belief that "open carriers are shot on sight." You seem to imply I don't want to learn, yet I've asked for evidence, numbers, and received none. All I have gotten is more opinions and a couple of memes. That's not how people are convinced.

Other than God's Word, there is no "absolute right" or "absolute wrong."

I open carry at times. I enjoy it, support it, and I will continue to compliment those that do. I will continue to await compelling evidence not to.

As I said, to each his own.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Something to think about.....

Pretend for a minute that you are the "bad guy" set on doing a crime. If you came into an establishment with robbery planned and you saw person open carrying,
    remember you are the bad guy and you desperately want money and don't plan on leaving without it [ya need more crack]. Who would be FIRST TARGET?
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Bingo!....The armed bad guy's going to think in his likely drug addled mind that this is now a two for one, he figures kill the guy with a nice shiny gun and take it home along with his wallet then stick up the cashier at the stop & rob....
    An armed society is a polite society

These are the times that try a mans soul... Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by I_Like_Turtles View Post
    But that's the argument that's being used "if they see the gun they'll shoot you first." Well, it doesn't happen with police, who generally open carry.

The argument you are now making is "open carry, in plains clothes gets you shot first while open carry in a uniform does not." Thus, you are not making a point of open carry, but of the presence of a uniform.

Backup is also a red herring, as the argument is, "if they see the gun they'll shoot that person first." That simply doesn't happen. I suspect most criminals are just as oblivious as the average person, they won't see the gun, and if they do, they will assume the guy is a cop, and go elsewhere, like in the Waffle House case linked above.
    No, I'm not making that argument. I am simply saying that comparing what uniformed officers do to what others do is a bad argument. Two different worlds. I am in no way making any argument for or against open carry. As I stated already....it depends. Pointing out a bad argument does not equate to making an argument or claiming there is no good argument.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster09 View Post
    Here ya go....
    And yet - dogs still come home with quills in their nose. And contrary to what has been claimed here, I have known of dogs that did it (and skunks) repeatedly.

Just like people some dogs are slow learners or no learners. I'm beginning to think there are more and more no learner people and the dogs are actually getting smarter.
    http://bawanna45.wix.com/bawannas-grip-emporium#!
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."