Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop   Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Complimented two open carriers today in Lowe's.

Speaking of Lowe's...
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster09 View Post
    Something to think about.....

Pretend for a minute that you are the "bad guy" set on doing a crime. If you came into an establishment with robbery planned and you saw person open carrying,
    remember you are the bad guy and you desperately want money and don't plan on leaving without it [ya need more crack]. Who would be FIRST TARGET?
    Why the need to pretend? Surely there is ample evidence of this happening in real life. No? Well then, I guess we'll have to pretend. LOL.

No open carry today but there will be open carry tomorrow. I'll be leveling my friend's yard.....the one that lives in the ghetto. I want every one of those dope heads and low lifes to see that I have my .45...my Kahr CW 45.

Quote Originally Posted by Funflyer View Post
    It's threads like this that remind me why I conceal rather than open carry. I want NOBODY striking up a conversation with me about my sidearm while in public. The only place I feel it's appropriate is maybe in a sporting-goods store while looking at, or purchasing a firearm.
    Why is that? Are you embarrassed by your gun? LOL

My Kahr has never received compliments but my Smith and Wesson 1911 Sc has been complimented twice so far. All comments made to me when open carrying (including the one time I was forced to open carry due to permit expiration) have been supportive of the right and supportive of the right to self defense. No negative comments received so far.

Quote Originally Posted by I_Like_Turtles View Post

My Kahr has never received compliments but my Smith and Wesson 1911 Sc has been complimented twice so far. All comments made to me when open carrying (including the one time I was forced to open carry due to permit expiration) have been supportive of the right and supportive of the right to self defense. No negative comments received so far.
    Not directed at me, but I'll give you one answer.

It's not unheard of for someone to accuse a carrier of brandishing. The "proof" of the accusation is a description of the gun. A lot of people would like to avoid that hassle completely. Me? Depends on where I am.

I believe the debate on concealed vs. open carry can go on forever. I am glad I live where there is the freedom to choose. Seems there are good points for both sides. My choice is my choice for my reasons and I plan to respect the choice of others.

Reminds me of the time I was stopped by a LEO about 20 years ago... doing 50 in a 40 zone.
    After checking both my drivers & carry licenses, he politely asked me where was my firearm and what kind it was.
    When I told him it was a KelTec P32 and it was in my console, he tried very hard not to smile and laugh.
    He just gave me a warning.
    The next week I bought a new PM9.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Embarrassed by my gun?, not at all. However there are only two people I'll ever talk to about it, my wife and my doctor.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Funflyer View Post
    Embarrassed by my gun?, not at all. However there are only two people I'll ever talk to about it, my wife and my doctor.

That's good. One should never carry a weapon they are embarrassed with, especially since it's "an extension of their man part" or whatever. LOL

Not sure I'd talk to a doctor about gun ownership....that's a thing these days.

My doc though and his nurses carry in the office. I donate my NRA magazines to them and they put them in their lobby. I have laid my weapon down on the table to lighten my body when I step up on the scales. They have taken no notice.

Open carry was good today. The extra leather gear seemed to tighten my belt a bit, keeping my very loose pants up better! The next door family had to see it along with the two guys the neighbor sent over to pick up the extra dirt I had left over. No one commented, not once. The guy I am working for said, "they are used to it from me" but he thinks the neighbor looks to him as a form of "protection." I've seen that before, even out of anti-gun liberals. If their neighbor is well-armed and they get along, she will look to him as "security" even though she would not return the favor.

i suspect this neighbor is a gun owner though.

Tomorrow it's back to weight lifting and concealed carry.

Just adding my $.02.
    Police, open carrying, has been used as an example for both being a target and potentially suppressing an aggressor.
    My question.
    If cops open carry everyday and have way more interactions with nefarious type of people, why do most cops carry concealed when off duty?

Quote Originally Posted by JinRC View Post
    Just adding my $.02.
    Police, open carrying, has been used as an example for both being a target and potentially suppressing an aggressor.
    My question.
    If cops open carry everyday and have way more interactions with nefarious type of people, why do most cops carry concealed when off duty?
    Same reason I don't show off what I do for a living after hours, perhaps. I wanna go home and get away from work for a while.

Taken to another level, if cops are targeted first, why don't they all dress in plainclothes and carry concealed on duty?
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101