Kahr Shop   Xssights   Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters

Thread: Two is One, One is None

New Hampshire, Maine, Texas, Louisiana, Germany, England, Massachusetts, Idaho

Default Two is One, One is None

..... or so they say.

Hello all, been lurking a bit - I miss hanging out here and need to get more active once again. Just wanted to show off the new stable mate to my 4" Security Six.

I've had the Security Six 4" for several years now - last week I went to the LGS and here was this beautiful matching 2 3/4" that sang my credit cards name.
    The 2 3/4 needs a new ejector rod spring (missing) and the smaller ejector plunger spring (one inside is weak) which both are on order from Numrich already

Just wanted to show off a pair of 1980's wheel guns
    4" 1981 - 2 3/4" 1980 build dates by Rugers website

Slugnutty, where ya been?....glad you're back but now you've done it because that 2 3/4 inch beauty has been on my radar for a good while....I traded one just like it in 2009 for a CW40 which after a few problems lead me to find this wonderful place for help to fix it but now has long been traded away for my current PM9 which is a definate keeper but I REALLY miss that Ruger .357 but as soon as the Visa card cools off a little I can see another of Bill's little gems rejoining the fold....Welcome back and I'm glad you posted those pretty revolvers except now I gotta figure out how to pay for another one.....So many guns, so little time....

Those are beauties. Very nice pair indeed.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Sure looks in too good of shape to have spring issues............................................ ....

Someone had to have tinkered. Springs don't go missing without some help.

New Hampshire, Maine, Texas, Louisiana, Germany, England, Massachusetts, Idaho

Quote Originally Posted by dustnchips View Post
    Someone had to have tinkered. Springs don't go missing without some help.
    Yes, the hard part was there is a internal tooth washer that the internal dimension has to slide over the ejector rod but the outside dimension has to fit inside the crane....
    Found a #5 internal tooth washer from McMaster Carr that is with in Ruger spec

Note - Ruger support was not help on this issue - they clearly state on their web site the "* Six" family of revolvers are no longer supported nor worked on.
    On a hunch I emailed them looking to see if they had the specifications for the washer...
    Here is the reply from technical support.

"Thank you for contacting Ruger Customer Service.Your Customer Service Issue # is 1021xxxx
    We no longer offer parts and service for this model. You may send in your firearm to our NH facility and we will offer you a replacement model of your choice at a discounted price. Please contact our Customer Service Department for further information at 336-949-5200 and one of our representatives will be happy to assist you."

So, send us your gun and you can get x% off a new purchase.... yah, no.

I was able to get the washer spec from Numrch, while they no longer have it available, at least she was able to provide me the OD, ID and thickness of the part.

For future posterity and anyone looking for the Ruger Six series .357 Ejector spring retaining washer it is OD 0.290 // ID 0.125 // Thickness .020 (all in inch measurement) which correlates to McMaster Carr P/N 98449A515 a #5 400 series Stainless Steel internal tooth washer.
    $3.45 per 100. - I'll be giving the rest as Christmas gifts for the foreseeable future.

Nice score and a fine brace of revolvers you have there. I'm a fan of the center fire, Ruger "Six" series guns.
    Thanks for the parts info as well.
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>