Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new

Thread: CM9 trigger, very different from my CW380

Default CM9 trigger, very different from my CW380

Hi all,

I bought a CM9 used the other day to complement my CW380, which I love and carry every day. Handled the CM9 at the sale, & while the trigger felt like it broke a bit farther back than the CW380, I just chalked it up to being a different sized pistol and something I'd have to get used to. Paid and brought it home.
    Well, the more I dry fire it side by side with my CW380, the more I start to think something's wrong. It breaks so far back, not until almost all the way back to the frame, with virtually no over travel. I've watched a few youtube "tabletop reviews", and they all seem to break just like my CW380 and nothing like this CM9. I'm afraid with a break this close to the frame, it risks failing when I need it most.
    Thanks for any help or suggestions. I've attached a video of me dry-firing:

Hello cliner and welcome to Kahrtalk...I'm no gunsmith but there are several folks here that can help you out....I shoot a PM9 and my trigger breaks well before what your's looks like from the video....Looks like the trigger bar may be out of adjustment....Call Kahr service 508-795-3919 or email service@Kahr.com Don't say anything about it being used and ask for a return shipping mailer and send it back to the mothership for repair......Not sure if you have the option to return it to the seller and swap it for another one or get a refund but if not Kahr should do you right and repair it....The CM9 pistols are nice shooters so don't give up on it and once the small trigger problem is fixed it will be a fine carry pistol....Let us know how it turns out and again welcome to the forum....
    Last edited by getsome; 07-08-2020 at 07:11 PM. Reason: Can't speel

Quote Originally Posted by getsome View Post
    Hello clinger and welcome to Kahrtalk...I'm no gunsmith but there are several folks here that can help you out....I shoot a PM9 and my trigger breaks well before what your's looks like from the video....Looks like the trigger bar may be out of adjustment....Call Kahr service 508-795-3919 or email service@Kahr.com Don't say anything about it being used and ask for a return shipping mailer and send it back to the mothership for repair......Not sure if you have the option to return it to the seller and swap it for another one or get a refund but if not Kahr should do you right and repair it....The CM9 pistols are nice shooters so don't give up on it and once the small trigger problem is fixed it will be a fine carry pistol....Let us know how it turns out and again welcome to the forum....
    Thanks for the welcome. I've already emailed them just asking if they had any recommendations on what to do. I had already mentioned it was used, so I doubt it would be covered under any warranty. Returning to the seller is not an option as it was a private sale.
    I might go ahead and buy a new trigger bar and sear (or "cocking cam" as it's called) and put them in myself to see if that fixes the issue. I just wanted to check here and see if anyone had experienced anything like this. If all else fails, I'll send it in and just pay for the work.
    Thanks again for the welcome and for the suggestions. I'll follow up here with any updates.

Don't do anything too quickly. There will be some very good people coming on here to help you at no charge. They can probably tell you what part to replace and save you buying parts you don't need.

Quote Originally Posted by dustnchips View Post
    Don't do anything too quickly. There will be some very good people coming on here to help you at no charge. They can probably tell you what part to replace and save you buying parts you don't need.
    Yeah I'm not in a rush. And I know this board moves slower than some others. I started lurking a little, after I bought my CW380 last year. Thanks!

I sent a used PM9 to the factory, told them it was used, they had me pay for shipping to them. They fixed it free and shipped it back to me no charge.
    Only thing, they require it to be shipped overnight UPS, so that cost me over $100.

A shop can usually ship much cheaper than an individual and even if they charge you to ship it's usually a great savings. The only catch is Kahr has to send it back to where it was shipped from so you have to go to the shop to pick it up.
    If your shop is like most of mine and they usually forget your alive it can cause a delay if they don't bother to call you.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Update: Found some time to take the pistol apart this evening. Pulled the trigger bar out and it looks like the previous owner shaved some material off the part of the bar that interacts with the cocking cam. Not sure why, maybe to try and reduce the reset? Anyway, I padded it with a few layers of tape just to simulate about 1mm of extra material. Tested it, sure enough it breaks exactly where it should. Going to order a new trigger bar and it should be good to go!

Before you install your new one be sure to polish nicely where that spring rides. Then it will be like butter. Just as a Kahr should be.

That's great news. Glad you figured it out. Some folks just can't fight the urge to mess with mother nature.

I just love a happy ending.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."