Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New LCP 22 coming in tomorrow

Default New LCP 22 coming in tomorrow

I am not a LCP fan, have owned plenty of them. but since I love shooting the small barrel Pistol like the 380's and have for over a decade, I wanted something in 22.cal to keep up my training especially Point and shoot. 9mm and 380 is and will be gone for a long time. I have been spending a fortune on 22.cal ammo and stocking up. Thankfully have a large supply of 380 and 9mm, but want to spare as much as possible. The LCP22 will be very close to the Kahr in size and weight.

PS I Love the LCR22 and is my favorite Plinker and trainer. Between the two of them, I can continue to keep up the Necessary Point and shoot skills. In fact, I know training with them actually improves this. I will continue to buy as much rimfire as possible. It will be gone soon.

Thinking I might have over paid for this gun at $300.00 and I have not even picked it up yet.

I have a LCP II and love that little gun. I find it in my back pocket a lot. I have shot the 22 version and found it to be exactly what you said, the perfect trainer. As far as I see your price is right where others are charging. I have a nearby LGS that is competitive and he is also at your number. Long term stuff I tend not to worry over the price as it becomes forgotten and replaced with smiles.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

Quote Originally Posted by King Rat View Post
    Thinking I might have over paid for this gun at $300.00 and I have not even picked it up yet.
    I paid a bit more than that for mine when they first came out, but I've no misgivings about that. It has been reliable and accurate (if I do my part). It's a joy to carry...even when carrying another gun. Quite a tidy package for 10+1 rounds of .22LR.

(That's a 3" diameter splatter target at 10 yds. standing...not the norm, but it does happen)

The only stoppage I've had was a failure to fire. I believe it to be ammo related as the round had a decent hit on it:

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Bought the LCP II in .380 for the wifey. Paid $249.................... she loves it. I was surprised at how accurate it is, and the trigger is even ok. Wife took to it like fish to water. They're not bad for $250 bucks. Painted the front sight white which helped immensely.

Well I picked it up today. In the car I checked if for safety and then did a trigger pull. The Amount of free play was totally ridiculous. It was long and felt like the trigger spring was broke. The a wall then a quick Bang!. No not a live round, but enough to actually make me flinch. I would never carry a trigger like this for any reason. Obviously made for target work and not a actual trainer for defense carry. I have owned many of the LCP's over the years, still have one, but it is gone into retirement. It was the Gen ll with the Smooth DAO. Like the Kahr and Pico. Deliberate and controlled all the way through.
    As soon a I picked it up, MY first thought that hit my head was "Keltec". I have the Keltec P32 and have been shooting that gun and this gun felt and looked so much like it. The Keltec Lineage is hard to get away from with this gun. That is not a bad thing as I like the Keltec.

One thing for sure is the gun is way over Priced. I paid about $160 for my P32. But beggers cannot be choosers. I will have to adjust for the target gun trigger, if it does not work out, I will just sell it. Will be going to the range tomorrow. (Kind of hard to justify price, since i recently bought a P380 for the same price.
    Last edited by King Rat; 07-06-2020 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by King Rat View Post
    Well I picked it up today. In the car I checked if for safety and then did a trigger pull. The Amount of free play was totally ridiculous. It was long and felt like the trigger spring was broke. The a wall then a quick Bang!. No not a live round, but enough to actually make me flinch. I would never carry a trigger like this for any reason. Obviously made for target work and not a actual trainer for defense carry. I have owned many of the LCP's over the years, still have one, but it is gone into retirement. It was the Gen ll with the Smooth DAO. Like the Kahr and Pico. Deliberate and controlled all the way through.
    As soon a I picked it up, MY first thought that hit my head was "Keltec". I have the Keltec P32 and have been shooting that gun and this gun felt and looked so much like it. The Keltec Lineage is hard to get away from with this gun. That is not a bad thing as I like the Keltec.

One thing for sure is the gun is way over Priced. I paid about $160 for my P32. But beggers cannot be choosers. I will have to adjust for the target gun trigger, if it does not work out, I will just sell it. Will be going to the range tomorrow. (Kind of hard to justify price, since i recently bought a P380 for the same price.
    The real test is at a range after a few mags have been fired.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

Quote Originally Posted by 340pd View Post
    The real test is at a range after a few mags have been fired.
    Went to the range and it was closed. Normally open 7 days a week. Last time I was there the place was bare of firearms other than some high end and ammo was bare as well except for some priced way to high.
    Also there was all new face's. I have been going to the range for at least 15 yrs. I asked one of the new guys, where is so and so. He said they all quite. I am guessing that they feel the future in gun sales will not support them. He said most have taken other jobs.

Getting back to the LCP. I see people saying they like the trigger. Well it is my belief after so many years of shooting these guns that the vast majority of gun owner's do not TRAIN with them, they just target shoot. I have watched them so many time. The come to the line, spend what seems forever to focus on the target take their time and pull the trigger. They are not shooting them on a regular schedule, have fallen into the internet propaganda that they are just gut guns that you carry often and seldom shoot. Which is total BS.

Training is fast draw, quick shots to center mass etc. just like any other range gun. Most of these Target shooters have to have a Trigger like the LCPll. They cannot shoot a DAO, and will not take the time to learn.
    So will I like this trigger for actual training NO. But will make the concession of that to have a pistol the same size and weight. I will still be able to train with Point and Shoot skills which is crucial to maintain.
    I have been using the LCR22 which I love. And great DAO. So, we will see after the range session which I will be going back to today.

My wife carries the LCP II. Is it what I would like to see her carry???? Nah, but it's what I can get her to carry on a pretty usual basis. I guess we're of the minority, because we usually don't target shoot per se. We shoot for defensive skills and familiarity with our firearm of choice. I carry a revolver. I still say, for a $250 firearm, the trigger is better than I thought it would be. Not my cup o tea, but very usable. Especially after the older model triggers. The Bodyguard type triggers where you can pull it, go across the street, get a coffee, and come back to the sound of gunfire Overpriced??? Maybe, but you know that you don't get much for $250 these days................................

I've had two LCP's first one about 10 years ago made in Prescott AZ which was a pretty nice pistol, shot good and I should of kept it but didn't....Second one in 2017 made in Mayodan NC which wasn't anywhere near as nice as the first one, jammed on any ammo tried and the magazines wouldn't click in and kept causing jams so I traded it for a Beretta Pico that I have $279.00 total in and which turned out to be a great little .380 no jams ever, very small and thin and a long Kahr like trigger that I like for pocket carry, not the best looking pistol out there but it works and that's what counts....I agree the new Ruger LCP II trigger is way too quick for pocket work and more suited for target shooting.....I think the market is being driven for this type trigger because it's easier for casual shooters to hit something with and have fun at the range but not carried everyday.....