Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gone fishin

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by wyntrout View Post
    I like them as cold leftovers, too!
    I think they are just as good or better cold the next day.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Nice resting place for Grandma.

Years ago my son put his wife in the lake in downtown Austin at the very spot where they first met. She was a good woman.

A couple of minutes after he poured her ashes, a big yellow Lab came trotting along from the hike & bike trail and jumped in the water right in the middle of my late DIL. We all got a good laugh, but didn’t tell the dog’s owner. DIL was probably amused too.
    RIP
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Chocks may cause your chair to go over backwards Colonel, best try it with someone behind you! It's great that you laid your Grandma to rest in that place and in that way. Both of my parents are on my property here beneath a nice shady tree and I think it's comforting to all of us, including them.

Heheh, no comment on my vegan hippie son.
    Rest assured, he is pretty conservative on most things, especially guns.
    Just gave him these for his 49th birthday...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Well I'm Back! Good trip, plenty of fish, nothing to brag on size wise and a bit slow but caught plenty. Plumb hot all week with zero rain. Kids and grandkids had a blast. Awfully nice to get home. Tiny little cabin and all gravel and hilly. Not great for wheelchairs. House is like a mansion compared to the little cabin.

Didn't get to shoot as much as I'd hoped, (chair was acting up, fine since I got home????) not by a long shot...(was that a pun?). Did get several handguns a little dirty. And shot the Henry quite a bit as well as the Sig 210. Extremely happy with both. Found out I was shooting 405 grain Remingtons in the Henry so when my powder puff loads arrive if they ever do, is should be an even sweeter shooter.

Need to order dies so I can roll my own. Haven't done that for a few years, should be fun.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Welcome back Colonel. Vacations are nice, getting back home sometimes just as nice. When I worked for a living I always used to joke that for every two days of vacation time we should take one day to recover. Sounds like you had a great time.

Glad you're back Boss and had a good time catching fish and burning powder with the grand kids.....Ain't life funny, when you are young you can count the hairs on Father Times hand and it just drags by but as we get older the time just slips away so fast and months go by and you can't remember what you did yesterday....That's why God invented grand children and vacations so we could slow it down a little bit and remind us why he put us here........

That is so true!
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!