Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop

Thread: CA Approved Model Question

Default CA Approved Model Question

I was interested in purchasing a Kahr MK9 Elite 03 online. I was doing some research on the Kahr website and see the have two models listed with one being a CA approved model. I was wondering what the difference is between the regular and CA approved Kahr MK9 Elite 03? I don’t like firearms with the loaded chamber indicator that sticks up from the slide and was hoping that is not what the CA approved means. Thanks for the help.

Both show the same model number - M9098. The California listing may just be informational. Their office is open now, I'd give Kahr a call and ask the question.

I generally avoid anything California approved. I suspect it would have a 1 round magazine that requires a metric allen wrench with facial recognition to remove and only provided with 1 magazine.

Honestly I don't know what they would require to meet California approval.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

In my feeble recollection the CA models have a loaded chamber indicator and a safety. Maybe not on that model though.

In my experience, as long as the model number exactly matches the DOJ approved arms listing, then the description is irrelevant.
    I bought a blem K9, and the box description had an add'l character - it was refused by an FFL. I had to get it transferred to a different FFL, who went by the actual serial/model #.
    My MK9 has no lci, mag disconnect, safety, or any other California/Massachusetts-style nonsense, but the model # matched the list, so there was zero issue.

Now here I have been thinking that any firearm sold in CA is required to a have a flag the says, "BANG!", pop out of the muzzle when the trigger is pulled???

Quote Originally Posted by AJBert View Post
    Now here I have been thinking that any firearm sold in CA is required to a have a flag the says, "BANG!", pop out of the muzzle when the trigger is pulled???
    Disallowed. Not on the Democratik Republik of California DOJ's approved joke list.

1 demerit for AJ, can't argue with California DOJ right? I still think the wall should be between us and California, give it back to Mexico as a gift. Screen everyone that wants to leave very carefully. I could do the screening for free.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I don't believe the CA version has a LCI , mag safety, or thumb safety, though the MA version does have a thumb safety at minimum.

Please correct if in error!