Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What is wrong with me?

Default What is wrong with me?

I am 75 in good health and still a RSO/instructor at an indoor range. I have been in and out of the 1911 platform at least five times with guns from Colt, Clark, Kimber, Ed Brown, and a custom made from Wilson parts from a local gunsmith and each time I sell my last one I tell myself good, they are a PIA to clean properly, don't hold enough ammunition, I need to consolidate calibers, are too heavy to carry, and my heirs will not take care of the one I leave them when they push me out on a ice flow.
    That said, after three years without one and only one other 45acp (XDm) in the safe, I find my LGS has a Wilson Stealth
    45 acp in perfect condition for just about half of its nearly $4000 initial cost. This thing has been gnawing at me and I am praying someone else picks it up before I give in to my wants. I am checking their website hourly. I have considered which guns in my safe would make the price of this thing somewhat justifiable, I have gone into my gun wallet stash and counted and re-counted its contents. I know I have no use for it and I am considering just wearing a brick on my hip next shift at the range just to reinforce my carry weight argument but....... damn this thing is a thing of beauty.
    Am I sick or just a gun nut?
    "Never pet a burning dog"

This too shall pass!

I gave up 1911s because Iím one of the few, I guess, who canít shoot Ďem worth a darn. I should have kept the Colt Officer, but I kept the AO GI model.
    People Sleep Peacefully in Their Beds at Night Only Because Government Bureaucrats Carefully Check Paperwork on Their Behalf

I've got a colt gold cup that i never carry and seldom shoot. Just haven't let go of it though.

If you can afford it, buy it. Life is too short not to jump on a deal. Thatís what I tell myself anyway.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Please consider the following.....

...written a little tongue in cheek....

.... a very little
    ...:

"they are a PIA to clean properly" -
    IMO, not any more so than many other guns. Kahrs with non captive recoil springs for example.

"don't hold enough ammunition" - I may lead a sheltered life, but being a .45ACP fan, I've always figured that if 8 rounds of it wasn't enough then my tactics sucked.

"I need to consolidate calibers" - When I do that .45ACP is a keeper.

"are too heavy to carry" - Suspenders are your friend....also tanker holsters and sling packs.

" my heirs will not take care of the one I leave them when they push me out on a ice flow." - Didn't Norse warriors take their weapons with them on that last ride? That's my plan anyway.

"Am I sick or just a gun nut?" - I don't think you are sick

Bawanna has a Wilson. The cool factor is strong in that one.

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Everyone needs at least one 1911.

And the Wilson sounds dreamy.
    I say grab it, keep it and caress it often.

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post

Bawanna has a Wilson. The cool factor is strong in that one.

Thats reason enough right there. Plus if anyone at your home complains then blame it on Bawanna. Heís on vacation anyway so he canít say he said not to get it.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

I agree with Barth, everybody needs at least one 1911....I found a Beautiful Colt Officers model and even though it's a base model, no extended beaver tail or oversize thumb safety that beautiful deep Colt Blue shine caught my eye and I couldn't resist....I can shoot it ok but learn new cuss words every time I have to clean it, I never grew up shooting 1911 pistols and they seem to come apart bass ackwards to all my other semi auto pistols but I will never trade it because it's beautiful....

Now a Wilson 1911 would be a real work of art so if money isn't an issue I would grab that thing and never let go and forget about passing it down, it should go in the box with you when it's time to cross the river because you never know who you might run into on the other side.....
    An armed society is a polite society

Whupped um again didn't we Josey

For some strange reason I feel protected with 9rds of .45acp on my hip. But even if I never carried one, they are beautiful pistols and Wilson makes some of the most handsome. On days when I'm stuck at home I have been known to keep a favorite gun, of various makes and models, right next to me just to look at and caress. And they're sometimes not even loaded.
    If you can afford it, buy it. You're not going to be worrying over it on the ice flow, I can almost guarantee you that. In the meantime, because you recognize a good deal when you see it, and it's beautiful, those are two of the three reasons why you should pick it up. And finally, what's the wife think?

Bawanna says man up and buy it.
    http://bawanna45.wix.com/bawannas-grip-emporium#!
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."