Magnum Research new   Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What is wrong with me?

I just dropped $1300 on a rare muzzleloader I doubt I'll ever hunt with. No more guns for a while here! Glad I got it though, she is gorgeous and only 500 exist world-wide.

I bought suspenders, because I want to get more use out of my work pants and I've lost so much weight they won't remotely fit.

I'll test these out next week when I mow for a friend in the ghetto and I carry my Kahr CW 45 and two 8 round 1911 mags when I do.

So get what you want, put on the suspenders, and go about your merry way!

I think a 1911 says something about the person.....not sure what.....but those that carry a 1911 seem to be a special breed.

Quote Originally Posted by dao View Post
    For some strange reason I feel protected with 9rds of .45acp on my hip. But even if I never carried one, they are beautiful pistols and Wilson makes some of the most handsome. On days when I'm stuck at home I have been known to keep a favorite gun, of various makes and models, right next to me just to look at and caress. And they're sometimes not even loaded.
    If you can afford it, buy it. You're not going to be worrying over it on the ice flow, I can almost guarantee you that. In the meantime, because you recognize a good deal when you see it, and it's beautiful, those are two of the three reasons why you should pick it up. And finally, what's the wife think?
    My theory to your question "what does the wife think? " my philosophy on that is,
    always own enough guns so if one is added to or subtracted from the collection, it will go unnoticed by one's spouse.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

We need a like button here

Quote Originally Posted by 340pd View Post
    I am 75 in good health and still a RSO/instructor at an indoor range. I have been in and out of the 1911 platform at least five times with guns from Colt, Clark, Kimber, Ed Brown, and a custom made from Wilson parts from a local gunsmith and each time I sell my last one I tell myself good, they are a PIA to clean properly, don't hold enough ammunition, I need to consolidate calibers, are too heavy to carry, and my heirs will not take care of the one I leave them when they push me out on a ice flow.
    That said, after three years without one and only one other 45acp (XDm) in the safe, I find my LGS has a Wilson Stealth
    45 acp in perfect condition for just about half of its nearly $4000 initial cost. This thing has been gnawing at me and I am praying someone else picks it up before I give in to my wants. I am checking their website hourly. I have considered which guns in my safe would make the price of this thing somewhat justifiable, I have gone into my gun wallet stash and counted and re-counted its contents. I know I have no use for it and I am considering just wearing a brick on my hip next shift at the range just to reinforce my carry weight argument but....... damn this thing is a thing of beauty.
    Am I sick or just a gun nut?
    The same thing keeps happening to me. I have been fighting back not buying another S&W E series round butt Commander size 1911. I have had 2 different ones over the years and sold them only to kinda want one again. If you figure it out....let me know. I have had Ruger's Para's Taurus and just about every other make! Never a Colt yet....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Quote Originally Posted by 340pd View Post
    My theory to your question "what does the wife think? " my philosophy on that is,
    always own enough guns so if one is added to or subtracted from the collection, it will go unnoticed by one's spouse.
    I used to think that till I found my Traiter German Shepard use to rat me out EVERY TIME. Kodi would sit and stare at anything new that came into the house [SERIOUSLY]. A new gun in safe and she sat in front of safe and stared at it. It didn't matter what it was, she TOLD ALL because something new was THERE.
    "Life Member NRA"

That is too funny

Not man's best friend so far as that went huh?

Jeep have you ever thought about buying Kodi her own pistol? She only wants to be like you......

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster09 View Post
    The same thing keeps happening to me. I have been fighting back not buying another S&W E series round butt Commander size 1911. I have had 2 different ones over the years and sold them only to kinda want one again. If you figure it out....let me know. I have had Ruger's Para's Taurus and just about every other make! Never a Colt yet....
    You had two 1911 Sc's and sold both? WHAT?

I have two, the PC and the 2-tone Sc, no desire to sell either. Some guys just buy and sell their stuff while others hold on.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster09 View Post
    I used to think that till I found my Traiter German Shepard use to rat me out EVERY TIME. Kodi would sit and stare at anything new that came into the house [SERIOUSLY]. A new gun in safe and she sat in front of safe and stared at it. It didn't matter what it was, she TOLD ALL because something new was THERE.
    Now, THAT made me laugh out loud.

-Wlf

Here is picture of traitor from a few years back....[I do miss the little brat]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life Member NRA"