Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Today I file to import my mail order bride!

Quote Originally Posted by dustnchips View Post
    And has she been to West Virginia?
    She has not. It's not so easy to travel to America as it is for Americans to travel abroad. Our system is a mess!

Winter could be quite a shock.

Quote Originally Posted by dustnchips View Post
    Winter could be quite a shock.

Yup.....as with my brother in law Kenny's wife, Laura convinced him to move out of Minnesota after one winter. They moved to Florida and within that year they were divorced.
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster09 View Post
    Yup.....as with my brother in law Kenny's wife, Laura convinced him to move out of Minnesota after one winter. They moved to Florida and within that year they were divorced.
    I'd really like to know how long the victim knew the scammer before they were married.

I will not move to any state with a red flag law.

My Asian Persuasion and I have discussed winter many times. She wants to learn to ski and play in the snow. Once, in her city, she told me "no one in my family has ever gotten a divorce---not an aunt, uncle, even cousin."

I don't know why people go from one extreme to the other and think it'll be comfortable. There are places in between that are liveable.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    I don't know why people go from one extreme to the other and think it'll be comfortable. There are places in between that are liveable.
    Many people do that. All in or all out. AC is either "off" or on "full blast." Same with the heater. My GF and I have discussed winter many times....if she doesn't like it we can divorce, she go wherever and I keep my stuff (prenuptial). She knows this as I told her up front.

Most mail orders are not concerned with "keeping your stuff", they are looking for citizenship. Marriage is the fast track to becoming citizen.
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Most mail orders are not concerned with "keeping your stuff", they are looking for citizenship. Marriage is the fast track to becoming citizen.
    She might be just after citizenship....I am not a mind reader......but if so, she's very patient. We met 6 years ago. I would think if she was after that only she'd have moved on from me years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by I_Like_Turtles View Post
    She might be just after citizenship....I am not a mind reader......but if so, she's very patient. We met 6 years ago. I would think if she was after that only she'd have moved on from me years ago.
    Well, ive held off saying anything as not to sound like a know it all, but here goes nothing....

If she has a little age and maturity on her you’ll probably be fine because she’ll adapt. You’re going to have some adapting to do too, no disrespect intended. If she’s 23 years and immature old you may face some real challenges. I’ve seen it both ways and warned friends in the past.

Now I’ve been married to a Filipina since age 24 in 1987 and it’s been real good. I got married overseas and told the embassy to give her a visa because I wasn’t leaving until she got one. I lived in her country for a year “like the natives live”, not American style, so I know their culture and speak the language at a 4 year old level (learned it from my 4 year old nephew). Now she’s more American and patriotic than most native born American folks.

My only advice is if she’s nice when she gets here and willing to put up with you, adapt your ways and hang onto her (she is going to have enough adapting to do anyway, trust me.) And she is going to get homesick bad in the beginning.

Be advised though the import fee is just the beginning of your cost. They have cultural family ties and commitments far greater than we have here and like to (and many times are expected to) provide monetary support to family back home. She may work and send all her money to family. You can advise her but you need to support what she decides to do with her money. Try to remember that because if you haven’t lived in her country you probably won’t understand that, even if you’ve heard about it. Hearing and living it are completely different experiences particularly if you haven’t lived her culture for 9 to 12 months in her style of living. Philippine and Indonesian culture is more similar than it is different so you’ll likely deal with the same things.

I’m just saying because I had an employee who did what you’re doing and after 6 months he was whining. I told him he had been advised and to just to adapt. He hung in there and they’re fine now and her mother lives with them (wifes father was murdered in the home country I believe because he was targeted as receiving money from overseas.) Another guy in his mid 50’s and hard headed worked for me and married a 24 year old nurse on the spur of the moment and it lasted only a year and cost him Thousands of dollars. I told him him I warned him.

If she’s fit and attractive be prepared for guys to make a pass at her or even stalk her around Walmart or even follow her home. If your a jealous person that’s gonna bother you. Now what I taught my wife if if someone is eyeballing her and follows her home, pull out the stainless .357 magnum and go to the door. She found that gets rid of them real fast.

Now if I had to do it again I wouldn’t change anything. My marrage has been awesome overall. Just be ready to experience the ride....
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Well thanks man, that's something I can actually go by.

She is 36 years old, seems very mature. I don't make enough to date a 20 something nor would I if I did. She's eager to carry a handgun once she gets here and I have been completely open about my gun habits and addiction since we started talking. We shot airguns when there and she is a very good shot.

Someone checking out my GF just means "I have a hot GF." I take it as a compliment. :-)