Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Pm45

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    The P45 is on the approved list. Used with nearly flush fitting, Officers/compact 1911 magazines, it's not terribly larger than a PM45. It also holds an extra round (or 2*) more than the PM.
    * I've yet to find a seven round magazine that will consistently lock the slide back when empty, but those that I do have feed just fine.
    Regards,
    Greg
    Nice! I'd all but sour-graped the P45 as better for me than the PM (~1/3" x,y increase, with a longer barrel & sight radius, and more grip room), but 7+1 tips me over.
    Gleefully back to Gunbroker - love the window shopping.

I'm a happy owner of a PM45 but in retrospect if I was having a do over I'd look hard at the P or even the CW.
    I love my PM without question but there are definitely plus's to the next size up and still not too big in my book.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Picked up the PM45 today and am very impressed. It did come with 3 mags...2 5-round and 1 6-round. The sights are TruGlo Brite-Site TFX Pro, which I'd never heard of, quite frankly. They're both fiber-optic and night sights, so you get the best of both worlds, and they pop out in total darkness and bright sunlight. I won't be firing it for a couple of days till I jump through the obligatory prepping hoops, but I'm a happy camper.

I have absolutely no connection to Elk County Ammo & Arms in Saint Marys, PA, but they're good folks to deal with on Gunbroker...fast shipping, good communication and the best price I could find on this particular gun.

I've dealt with Elk County a couple times and agree, good people and good prices. They are a pretty big player I reckon.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Disassembled the PM45 today to do the prep, and reinstalling the recoil spring involved some blood, sweat and tears. This little guy ain't coming apart again until I have at least 100 rounds through it.

You are going to like that pm45. The best sub compact 45 made for carry. On the recoil assembly, I just don’t understand why so many have trouble installing the assembly. No problems with my old arthritic fingers. I can only surmise it’s technic.

I've no had any issues either. Wish I knew how to make a video sometimes.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

My PM40 bought a year ago April came with 3 Mag. FWIW.
    Last edited by sudo; 08-24-2020 at 10:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DJK11 View Post
    You are going to like that pm45. The best sub compact 45 made for carry. On the recoil assembly, I just don’t understand why so many have trouble installing the assembly. No problems with my old arthritic fingers. I can only surmise it’s technic.
    I do like it a lot...put 10 rounds through it in the back yard yesterday, and had zero malfunctions. I was using Remington UMC FMJ, which is pretty anemic, but nevertheless was impressed by the very manageable recoil. I've got three boxes of American Eagle FMJ, which I think is a little bit hotter, so I'll try it next. I did get one ejected casing to the side of my forehead, but I can live with that.

I don't know what's up with the recoil spring, other than it was brand new when I was fiddling with it. I've got many years under my belt with semi-autos, mostly Glock G22's but others as well, and I've never seen a recoil spring this strong. I think mine was hot off the Kahr assembly line, so maybe they just recently increased the strength of the RSA? I dunno. I'll see what it's like next time after having put some rounds through it.
    Last edited by gale155; 08-24-2020 at 01:43 PM.

If I get a little sloppy with my grip mine will give me a forehead tap once in awhile. Good grip and it doesn't seem to ever happen.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan