Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Pm45

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    If I get a little sloppy with my grip mine will give me a forehead tap once in awhile. Good grip and it doesn't seem to ever happen.
    That might have been what caused it. I know I was thinking about intentionally limp-wristing to see what would happen, but I don't know if I actually did or not.

I took the PM45 to an indoor range today, and put 45 rounds through it with zero hiccups; however, I lost track of how many casings I took to the forehead. I was careful with my grip, so I don't know what the issue is. I've only got 55 rounds through it so far, so I'm hoping it will improve after I shoot it some more. Other than that, it's a sweet shooter...I can't believe how mild the recoil is for such a small, lightweight 45.

Quote Originally Posted by gale155 View Post
    I took the PM45 to an indoor range today, and put 45 rounds through it with zero hiccups; however, I lost track of how many casings I took to the forehead. I was careful with my grip, so I don't know what the issue is. I've only got 55 rounds through it so far, so I'm hoping it will improve after I shoot it some more. Other than that, it's a sweet shooter...I can't believe how mild the recoil is for such a small, lightweight 45.
    Quick fix for that
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

I had that problem with my PM45 on the first outing. I left after shooting a few hundred rounds and went to Walmart. After I got home, I looked in the mirror and I had all of these pencil eraser-sized black dots on my forehead! People must have wondered WTF.

I learned that in addition to my safety glasses, buttoning up my polo all of the way, and wearing shoes instead of clogs, that a cap with the bill forward and as low as possible was mandatory. Those big .45 cases hurt when they land mouth first on your toes... and burn when they go down your shirt front or rear!
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    Quick fix for that
    Thanks a lot Greg, now I'm sure there is no hope for our countries future....Please God don't let them vote....

Fashions change. I remember hip hugger bell bottom pants. The more patches on your jeans the cooler they were. Now buy them pre holed and let the holes show.

Quote Originally Posted by wyntrout View Post
    I had that problem with my PM45 on the first outing. I left after shooting a few hundred rounds and went to Walmart. After I got home, I looked in the mirror and I had all of these pencil eraser-sized black dots on my forehead! People must have wondered WTF.

I learned that in addition to my safety glasses, buttoning up my polo all of the way, and wearing shoes instead of clogs, that a cap with the bill forward and as low as possible was mandatory. Those big .45 cases hurt when they land mouth first on your toes... and burn when they go down your shirt front or rear!
    Did the problem ever go away with your PM45? After my last outing I noticed a little gunk behind the extractor, and blew it out with Gun Scrubber...haven't fired it since though.

I've had my share of .40 caliber shells down the back of my shirt during my police and security careers, and it ain't fun.

Quote Originally Posted by getsome View Post
    Thanks a lot Greg, now I'm sure there is no hope for our countries future....Please God don't let them vote....
    Not only do they vote, they're allowed to breed.

I think that I still get a few errant cases to the cap, but no problem with my P45.

As for the holey jeans, my problem was that the crotch wore out! I tried patching a pair, but it's hard to sew in an area full of seams.

I don't wear jeans much... have a pair of Sam's Club jeans for yardwork and mainly my Lands End "custom hemmed" jeans that I got on a 50% off sale. I think they're up to about $60 now!

Shorts, clogs/flip-flops, and a large tee or Polo for me the year around... except for outings when we're in snow country for Christmas in SW CO.

USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Quote Originally Posted by wyntrout View Post
    I think that I still get a few errant cases to the cap, but no problem with my P45.

As for the holey jeans, my problem was that the crotch wore out! I tried patching a pair, but it's hard to sew in an area full of seams.

I don't wear jeans much... have a pair of Sam's Club jeans for yardwork and mainly my Lands End "custom hemmed" jeans that I got on a 50% off sale. I think they're up to about $60 now!

Shorts, clogs/flip-flops, and a large tee or Polo for me the year around... except for outings when we're in snow country for Christmas in SW CO.

Thanks...I'll keep shooting my PM45 and see what happens. I was Air Force 1971-1975, mostly at Hickam AFB in Hawaii, and my few final months at Kincheloe AFB in northern Michigan. Talk about a change in climate!