Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pm45

Kind of regret seeing that P45 for $450. Can’t stop thinking about owning a third Kahr 45. A PM45, TP45 maybe a P45. I best not wait very long.

I have almost bought a used P45 a few times. However, my CW45 is hard to beat and has a great cocking serrations area as it's abbreviated on the P45 series. A tapered nose is nice for reholstering, I would think so anyway, especially one-handed reholstering.

A CW45 and a S&W 638 are the same size. Height, length, width.....actually the cylinder is wider in width. That puts things in perspective when thinking about the CW45's size.

Quote Originally Posted by DJK11 View Post
    Obviously! I have owned two PM45 over the past ten plus years with thousands fired. My favorite edc. Most of the time it’s with the six round mag and AIWB. The grip is small and the extra length of the extended mag helps with the draw. The P series is the perfect size.
    My PM45 is dimensionally very similar to my K9 (old version). I'm very happy with that size.

Quote Originally Posted by DJK11 View Post
    Thanks, but I want the natural stainless slide with night sights. I've found another deal online for $607, including shipping and credit card fee. With my FFL's transfer fee, I'm at $637 out the door.

Thought I owned all the Kahrs I'd ever need or want, but that was before this thread started me reading and watching PM45 reviews. I've found myself poking around gunbroker, window shopping the stainless, iron-sighted models . . .

Quote Originally Posted by tokuno View Post
    Thought I owned all the Kahrs I'd ever need or want, but that was before this thread started me reading and watching PM45 reviews. I've found myself poking around gunbroker, window shopping the stainless, iron-sighted models . . .
    I've resigned myself to the fact that this gun thing never ends...just when you think you have all you need, something else comes along. The problem is complicated when you have a wife who thinks that anyone who owns more than one gun is crazy. I spoke to the owner of my favorite LGS, and he's not a fan of the PM45, or the Springfield XDs 45 for that matter. According to him, the recoil on both is too harsh for most people. He's a Ruger master dealer, so that probably influences his opinion somewhat.

A lot of dealers don't know Kahrs and rely solely on hearsay and rumor for information, a lot like the internet.
    That being said my son has 3 XD 45's and they don't sing to me, I don't notice anything harsh on recoil on them but we just don't gel. He want's the hammer model out now, but like me he's questioning himself. He has 3 already. Of course I tried to provide fatherly wisdom and told him to buy one anyhow, you got the money, you got the desire, why torture yourself ya know.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Well, I done pulled the proverbial trigger...$606.79 shipped with the credit card fee. If I don't like it, I'll blame Bawanna.

I'll accept the blame if it's deserved but I got a suspicion your gonna like it just fine and dandy. That's a decent price, as I recall I paid considerable more for mine and that was several years ago.

Guess I better go find mine and show it some love...................oh wait, there it is on my ankle. Guess I'm getting forgetful.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I'll accept the blame if it's deserved but I got a suspicion your gonna like it just fine and dandy. That's a decent price, as I recall I paid considerable more for mine and that was several years ago.

Guess I better go find mine and show it some love...................oh wait, there it is on my ankle. Guess I'm getting forgetful.
    Deserved? I don't remember who exactly, but somebody told me that you get the blame for everything around here...deserved or not.