Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop

Thread: FINALLY, got to shoot again.

Default FINALLY, got to shoot again.

Friend had bought a 6-inch barreled Taurus Tracker with .357 and 9mm Parabellum cylinders, invited me to the gun range. His wheel gun shot very well as did my Kahr CW 45 with Remington UMC full metal jacket. I will have to test that round some more but it may be a great practice round for my .45.

First time shooting since early March. Shot outside at public range....big rain came. So many bullet holes in range roof, needed umbrella under it. Rednecks and redneck behavior suck.

Early March, wow!

We've had a burn ban on since mid May which includes no shooting so I'm getting a bit rusty. There are a few organized outdoor ranges close by, and several indoor that I may have to start going to if they don't lift the ban soon. All we need is more monsoon rain but so far we've only had about half of what is needed. I have three new pistols needing testing, along with a table full of reloads to test in seven different calibers, soon to be eight after I work up some loads for my new 500 Mag which I pick up on Monday. I've been eyeing the 6.5" 692 also, but waited too long and the buying frenzy started so they all got bought up.

That's a very severe burn ban. I have never heard of shooting covered in a burn ban before.

Some places in Eastern Washington (the land of Alfonse for one) shut down their ranges if it gets too dry. Lots of big fires in that area. This year it wasn't burning but that's pretty much an exception. It was burning further north this year but didn't effect travel.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by dustnchips View Post
    That's a very severe burn ban. I have never heard of shooting covered in a burn ban before.
    This is Arizona, and we have some brain-dead Rednecks that, for some reason, feel the need to use tracer rounds in their rifles. Doesn't matter what the county tries to do, some of these idiots don't care and believe they have a right to do anything, anytime they want. I heard that from a county Sheriff that I occasionally see at the range.

Here's an example of how stupid and dangerous some are. I shoot in an area we call the pit. The first picture is my setup in the lowest part of the pit, and the second is a small mesa about 25 feet above, and 30 yards behind where I'm set up. My wife and I were the only ones shooting one morning and at some point I hear someone shooting behind me from the mesa (red X). Before I knew it this guy fired 10 or so rounds over our heads into the far wall (red circle). As I turned around I could see a guy with a rifle who appeared to be clearing a jam with the muzzle pointed down in our direction. I immediately yelled at this brain-dead idiot to stop what he was doing, then proceeded to walk up the hill to read him the riot act. Even after explaining the "golden rules" of firearm safety to this guy he said to me that he knew we were down there and that he was shooting well over our heads to be safe. His reply to my asking him about clearing a jam with the muzzle pointed directly at us was "my finger was not on the trigger at that time". It's a wonder how idiots like this manage to live to adulthood.
    Attached Images Attached Images

They live because the kill others with their recklessness.

Good news. My fire Captain friend called earlier to let me know the ban was lifted as of yesterday.

Time to hit the range and burn lots of powder.