Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally, no touch screen phone!

Default Finally, no touch screen phone!

I decided to go back to a real "flip phone" about 2016 but it was this week that I finally did so. My phone, the one I got in 2014, functioned as a flip phone with no internet but it had a touch screen that I did not like. Touch screen phones require two hands to operate. So, after 6 years of service, I went back to a real "flip phone." No internet, no GPS, just how I like it.

Texting is about the same speed given how my last phone's keyboard would stick, resulting in the need for lengthy edits.

Anyone else still use a flip phone?

I’ve been tempted to.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, CZ75

I never moved away from my flip phone. I'm glad to know they are still available if this one dies. Mine says I can get internet, but I have never tried. I don't normally text or take pictures either. I just want a phone. I just use it to call, receive calls and get voice messages, that is it.

My brother is the same - a Luddite all the way.

I have a smartass iPhone, but don’t use it for much... phone calls, some texting, taking pictures, and looking at the weather radar.

Early on one time Two years ago, this iPhone phone started to talk to me... “Ask Siri...”... but I told it “STFU Siri”. And I haven’t heard a peep out of it since.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

OK, have to look up what a "Luddite" is.

Oh, OK, very funny. I'll start calling myself a "Luddite" now.

Ya, happy so far with the new phone. People are amazed a guy like me exists these days. Especially since I am not that old.

I don't got a Smart phone but it's not a dumb phone neither. Being nearly deaf the text feature is a real benefit to me. My wife has the same phone and can talk and it will write what you say, mine don't seem to want to play so maybe mines dumber than hers.
    I do take a picture and figured out how to get it into the computer to post sometimes. It's got voice mail but I know that anybody that knows me knows not to call so don't pay much attention to that and never set it up.
    Only got it originally in case the van breaks down or I get stuck. Used it a few times for just that. Lawn mower run out of gas or stuck in the dirt in the power chair, sometimes the wife don't understand the 3 shots universal distress signal don't cha know.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Bawana,

Yours is an example of why "options" are good.

I'm glad there are still others like me...I have a LG flip phone and it does everything I think a phone should do, to me it's a miracle that I have something in my pocket that I can call anywhere on earth and it works just fine for me....I really think our world started falling apart when Apple came out with the I phone and people immediately became addicted to the stupid things and couldn't let them out of heir hand for a single second......I have seen people walk into street signs playing with their toy and twice have seen people walk into traffic and be hit by cars because of being addicted to the damn things...My wife is absolutely addicted to hers and can't let it go for a second and it caused me to move into the guest bedroom to get away from the constant beeping at night of an email, text or if is there was a thunder storm within 500 freekin miles of our house....We made a deal that any texts she sends to me will either need a yes, no or ok answer because that's about all I'm good for.....My oldest daughter recently sent me a text asking, dad do you text, I was able to send back my answer of Hell No I don't text, which took me several minutes to figure out but I called her number and we had a really nice long talk which had been a while......Sometimes talk is a good and necessary human need.....

Before the pandemic shutdowns started, it amazed me to see young couples out on restaurant date nights sitting across the table from each other just staring at their phones and both typing/texting like crazy with their thumbs.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling