Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally received it!

Default Finally received it!

Finally got my new (to me) BFR 45-70. Got to shoot four different rounds through it and I can't wait to get it out hog hunting. The 576 grain Black Butterfly round should do a number on them. Shot it 24 times from the bench and by number 24 I was flinching a bit! Trigger is amazing, but you better be holding on when you squeeze it! Next step is to compare to my brothers 44 mag just for grins.
    20230415_142536.jpg

Now THAT'S a gun!

Quote Originally Posted by laserfish View Post
    Finally got my new (to me) BFR 45-70. Got to shoot four different rounds through it and I can't wait to get it out hog hunting. The 576 grain Black Butterfly round should do a number on them. Shot it 24 times from the bench and by number 24 I was flinching a bit! Trigger is amazing, but you better be holding on when you squeeze it! Next step is to compare to my brothers 44 mag just for grins.
    20230415_142536.jpg
    Beautiful! Man I would love to shoot it. Congrats. Let us know how it works out with the hogs.

Wow! Nice hand cannon!

She’s a beaut laser! I bet that grip makes a big difference vs a presentation type grip. Had a Raging Hunter in 454 once and could not imagine shooting one without spongy rubber to hold onto. Good hunting my friend. Will be cool to see you post up game pics!

We were shooting my dad's S&W .357 as well. Just a slight difference in the cartridges!20230415_150945.jpg

That makes that.357 look like a .22.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

My wrists hurt for some reason.

Why, oh why did you have to post this?!?! Now I have several BFR 45/70s on my wish list and I'll be getting emails that I'll have to react to when they come into stock.

It would be fun to take one into the elk mountains this fall, or any fall. It also cured me of wanting to build a 458 SOCOM.

Lesptr, it is not nearly as bad as you might think. 44 mag I believe is worse. My 86 yo dad had no problem shooting it. I have arthritis in my hands and wrists but had no problem early on. After 20 or so rounds I got a little flinchy. Shot 4 or 5 different rounds and the bullet grain did make a noticeable difference. Now I am looking forward to deer season even more for this challenge. Hogs, look out.