Xssights   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Sure wish there were more hammer fired models to choose from

The revamping of my rotation is almost done. Ordered a nearly pocket sized, large caliber iwb gun today. Springfield XDE 3.3 .45. Nearly everything now can be carried cocked and locked.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Took the XDE, the P227, and the P30 out to the range last week along with my wife's new P938 Combat (and my wife as well ) ). The larger guns all worked perfectly. The XDE is a handful but really only as compared to the P227. The P30, like the 227 is a sweet shooter.
    Had a few instances with the P938 where it did not chamber the first round in a fresh mag. This is a fairly common issue with new 938's. Also I was using P938 Legion mags which have a different floorplate than the non-Legion guns and that could have played a part. But it too shot well and she likes it. She has a P238 also which she is perfectly happy with but I wanted her to have something with a little more oomph, especially in the Winter months. She is a fine shot. I told my son that if anyone ever breaks into the house and he's the first to a gun to hand it to his Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by dao View Post
    Took the XDE, the P227, and the P30 out to the range last week along with my wife's new P938 Combat (and my wife as well ) ). The larger guns all worked perfectly. The XDE is a handful but really only as compared to the P227. The P30, like the 227 is a sweet shooter.
    Had a few instances with the P938 where it did not chamber the first round in a fresh mag. This is a fairly common issue with new 938's. Also I was using P938 Legion mags which have a different floorplate than the non-Legion guns and that could have played a part. But it too shot well and she likes it. She has a P238 also which she is perfectly happy with but I wanted her to have something with a little more oomph, especially in the Winter months. She is a fine shot. I told my son that if anyone ever breaks into the house and he's the first to a gun to hand it to his Mom.
    I like my P30L, I think that the nickle plated, match sear spring you can get for them improves the trigger for a pretty modest $10 (shipping costs aside). Trouble with that is, since I had it apart, I also put in Grayguns' short reset system. That's another $85 and I don't really ride the reset. Still, I do like the trigger better with those two parts installed. It's not as good as my SP01 Phantom with CGW parts, but it didn't cost as much to do either.
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

I'm a little paranoid about doing much with my triggers. I don't go to the range for the enjoyment of shooting so much as to try to keep in practice for CC. I don't know the validity of the statements I've seen regarding prosecuting attorneys having their gunsmiths look for lightened or otherwise altered triggers but it is enough to give me pause. I've put D springs in my Berettas but that's as far as I've gone. That being said I do like refinement in most things and am sure I would appreciate the difference between a so so trigger and a better one. Thanks for the info on the P30 though!