Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What’s wrong with ME?

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    "1911s have lots of clickety snickity bits and a whale tail on them."

I put in a good word for you with John Moses, he was tossing and turning in his grave. I think he's ok now, settled down but might be cautious for a bit.

He was mumbling something about no tupperware on his creations, just sayin.
    Forgive me JMB for I have blasphemed! That wasn’t really a complaint, just a comparison. Didn’t the Army make him add the clickety bit?
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

They did in fact require the clickety. I'm sure JMB will forgive you your transgressions or at least put you on probation.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I do still have my AO 1911 in GI configuration.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    I do still have my AO 1911 in GI configuration.
    Well that has to be worth something even with the clickety clicks. Write Jeff Cooper 300 times and all is forgiven. I heard it from JMB.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Doesn't seem to matter which one I decide on, nothing's available.

Well, I visited the city’s biggest LGS and they had the Shield 4” in .40, so I handled it a bit and was underwhelmed. Maybe my 1.0 snubnose Shield is ok. The 2.0’s trigger let off a springy “doing” when I dry fired, which always turns me off. Gimme hammer-fired!

My 1.0 doesn’t make that cheesy “doing” but it does have an Apex sear which might be why.

Guns are scarce on line as well. If you would find one the down side is you wouldn't get to play with it before you bought.

True, but you get the opportunity to reject a transfer if there’s a defect. For what I’m looking for, I’ll probably end up with the 4” Shield once prices and availability come back to Earth.

The Sig 365 and 365XL don’t sing to me for some reason. The G48 looks goofy and one online reviewer showed that he could sqeeze the grip and flex the plastic. Really, Glock?

I also found that MagGuts has +2 kits for the Shield now. I thought my +1s were hot stuff, that’s even better. A 4” Shield with 10+1 would cover about 98% of my handgun needs. It’s almost a “one gun” solution, for me.

Renton, WA, (King County) 25 miles from Seattle

I just added a M&P 45 V2 Compact to the collection, with a 4" barrel it's hardly "compact". Like the OP, I have big guns, small guns and a smattering of medium sized guns. Another medium'ish gun to consider is the Ruger SR9C/40C. They can be found on Sportsman's Warehouse site for $250, the gift of all time.

I've always like the looks of the SR9C but just can't warm up to striker fired guns.

I've been quiet on this because a T9 appeared on Gunbroker, as if by divine providence. Unfortunately, I was outbid and it's now well over $800 and more than a week to go. It does come with an extra mag and a nice holster, but I think I'll wait for Gunpocalypse to subside before seeking out one of these.