Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What’s wrong with ME?

Default What’s wrong with ME?

I was sure that since this was a very bad time to be buying guns, and since I was satisfied with what I already had, the urge would not hit. But it occurred to me that there was a hole in my arsenal - a “medium size” 9mm. I have bigguns and little’uns, but nothing in between. I didn’t even realize “in between” was a thing. I’d kind of like to have something not too big and heavy, 9mm, and not a mouse or pocket gun. Something around 10 rounds. Carryable in my ever-present briefcase or in a holster. And even though I swore off 1911s, I’m drawn to the Ruger Lightweight Commander. If there’s a question in here, I guess it’s, “If I don’t shoot .45 1911s accurately, can I assume I’ll also be frustrated by 9mm 1911s?
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

Wow, there's some deep thoughts in that thar post. I wish I had a good answer for you, never run across nobody that couldn't shoot a 1911 good. But that don't mean they aren't out there.
    I had (wish I still had) a full size Ruger and it was a fine gun.
    I'd like a Commander 9mm myself but I'm trying to convince myself that I'm also content with my current inventory but that never ever last very long.

I was asking about a Hellcat yesterday when I filled out the paper for my EAA Witness. That in itself is not a good sign.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I have liked my Sig 239, it shoots 9mm, 40 cal and 357Sig all with same gun. 357 and 40 use same mags, 9mm uses different mags. All that is needed is barrel swap.
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

A Kahr T9 might scratch my itch, but they’ve all disappeared so it’s a moot point.

If your like me, it won't make much difference in caliber. If you don't gel with 1911's, you don't gel. You could look in to a H&K P2000 or SK model. Love mine in .40 and would never sell.

I did look at the P2000SK on line, and some Sigs. Not sure if any can be found in the wild.

I’m also liking the Shield 2.0 Performance Center with 4” barrel, though I already have a 1.0 that’s 100% reliable, it’s just boring and hard to shoot well. With the 8-round mag the grip holds my pinky so it’s kind of the the ballpark I’m thinking of. I know, a fraction of an inch more barrel and sight radius, on a plastic striker gun that I already have? Quit huffing the Hoppes No. 9.

OK, The boyz here made me go with a 1911 and after running some downrange and carrying it for work a few times, I am really glad I went down the path they pointed me toward.

I really like Jeepster's suggestion of a multi caliber gun, especially in today's ammo market. The Sig 239 is an interesting suggestion.
    I am not a Glock shooter but their single stack G43x or G48 have received good marks even from non Glock people. You might consider looking at the M&P Shield EZ in 9mm. A very nice hammer fired gun that has got a lot of attention. I have the EZ in 380 and it is a really nice platform and I much prefer it over the Shield I once owned.
    Good luck with your decisions, Greg and the boyz cost me a couple grand.
    Last edited by 340pd; 08-16-2020 at 10:51 AM.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

Yup, I checked into the G48 and EZ. Also the Sig 365XL. I’ll probably get over this fever an end up getting nothing. Or maybe not.

I have a P2000SK in 9mm. It's a fine gun. I have 10, 13, and 15rd mags for it. It's temporarily my HD gun after selling my FNX45 and until my P227 gets here. My particular example is a DA/SA with decocker and no safety. But there are LEM models to be had if that's more your style.

In my recent search for a new HD gun I spent an incredible amount of time on gunbroker. In that time I did see around four P2000SKs as well as a couple of P30SKs. So they are out there. My last two purchases were made on gunbroker and I've come to feel like a kid in a candy store while looking there.

I think that like a lot of people I shoot SA guns better and particularly hammer fired SA guns. But with enough practice and good mechanics I do believe that any shooter can shoot at least nearly as well with the first round of a DA/SA gun.

Good luck in your hunt. Sometimes that's the best part of getting a new gun