Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What’s wrong with ME?

I like my 239.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Ruger SR9c (compact) 10+1, and also comes with extended 17 round mag. Not much bigger than a CW45, and the same slim width.
    They were selling for $250 at Sportsman’s Warehouse before the Chinese Corona hit.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

It may be too small for you, but the Sig P365 (not the XL) is my enthusiastic suggestion. It's certainly not a mouse gun, but could be pocketed should the need arise. I've found mine to be amazingly accurate for a smaller gun, and I'm still trying to figure out how the Sig engineers got 10 rounds to fit in the mag. If you get one, you'll need an Uplula...trust me on that one.

The urge for "just one more gun" never seems to end, IMO. A few weeks ago I went to a large LGS just for something to do, and to window shop. Their shelves were pretty bare, but I spied a LNIB Walther TPH .22lr that had been traded in just a few days prior. I've been wanting one for several years, but was hesitant to write a fairly hefty check for one sight-unseen. It was priced reasonably, so of course I brought it home.

I paid $250 for this full size SR9 in December From SW. still has the tag on it and is still wrapped in the plastic bag NIB in the safe. It will go to one of my sons for Christmas.
    It’s mate - for which I paid $300 in September from CDNN - is my nightstand gun. If they were available at the same price I’d buy several more.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

You mainly need to decide between hammer fired or striker. They are both out there. A lot of good choices.
    Now for me.....I go from my Sig 365 to 239 to 229 [both my 239 and 229 are multi caliber] to my new 1911 in 357.....so many choices! I like them all and don't want any of them getting jealous.
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

I like to make mine jealous. By bringing home new love interests especially

Hey, what's wrong with ME?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    I’m also liking the Shield 2.0 Performance Center with 4” barrel, though I already have a 1.0 that’s 100% reliable, it’s just boring and hard to shoot well. With the 8-round mag the grip holds my pinky so it’s kind of the the ballpark I’m thinking of. I know, a fraction of an inch more barrel and sight radius, on a plastic striker gun that I already have? Quit huffing the Hoppes No. 9.
    I owned an M&P auto in .40. Never gelled with the trigger and it was hard for me to be accurate with also. The P2000SK sold me first hold. It's the setup that works best for me. Hammer, SA/DA, no safety, I love the trigger type, and with the mag bases, I can get three fingers on the grip and I've never had a misfeed issue due to pressure on the bottom of the magazine. Never had an issue period. I have seen some for sale, but the prices keep going up......................

Well, so I'm still pondering this. Looks on paper like the 1911 is almost identical in size to the 4" Shield, which I found kind of shocking. Of course, it's not that simple. The widths are very different. 1911s have lots of clickety snickity bits and a whale tail on them. Shields just have a trigger and a takedown lever. The Shield's sight radius is actually the longest of all I'm looking at, which can only help accuracy. I took my snub nose Shield to the range and compared it to my CW9, and the Shield had a slight edge in accuracy, though the Kahr trigger is mighty luxurious which I thought would aid accuracy but didn't. At 10 yards from a rest I was getting around 2 1/2" groups discounting the usual flyer so I can't complain.

So for now I'm leaning toward the 4" Shield...
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

"1911s have lots of clickety snickity bits and a whale tail on them."

I put in a good word for you with John Moses, he was tossing and turning in his grave. I think he's ok now, settled down but might be cautious for a bit.

He was mumbling something about no tupperware on his creations, just sayin.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Cool P30sk

Own a Hk P2000SK and carry it often (357/40).
    Also got bit by the itch for a medium sized 9mm (whatever that means - LOL)
    This was my solution -