Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Makes me wonder....would being armed have made a difference?

There are areas that have put crosswalk signals in the sidewalk due to cell phones keeping people from looking up! People have walked right into traffic.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tech/specia...ombies-9833701
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

I've known folks that didn't belong anywhere where there weren't walk and don't walk signs, now days they don't even qualify for that.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I have a smart phone and find it to be an incredibly useful tool. Very thankful the technology exists.

I also have one of them new-fangled cars that doesn’t require a crank to start it.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Quote Originally Posted by I_Like_Turtles View Post
    Oh you should hear me when I'm really going on about smartphones! I was a bit hard on her perhaps but I wonder if I was right.....do you think she had a smartphone? Maybe running with a set of earbuds in?

I wish smartphones had never come about. As if cell phones weren't addictive enough! And yes, these things are "gods" to far too many that have them and it's plain to see.

I read today how police have a confession.....local farmer with some relationship to the victim picked her up, then rape, murder, disposal---"usual routine" it seemed. So, does anyone think her being armed would have made a difference?

No thanks, I've no interest in hearing it. The reports I've read said her phone was found before they found her body (so far, I've not seen any mention of ear buds). That makes you correct about her having a phone with her, but how does that imply she worshiped it? So, I ask again, do you have personal knowledge of this woman or was the god thing just an assumption on your part?

Smartphones, like firearms, are just tools; how they are used depends upon the operator.
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Ok, you leave the house and get caught with Rioter Terrorist. So what would be your weapon of choice. Watch the video's and see how the victim was able to take down a few of them and save his life. Also watch the video of the wound.

Complete pictorial and video.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...w-Kenosha.html

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    No thanks, I've no interest in hearing it. The reports I've read said her phone was found before they found her body (so far, I've not seen any mention of ear buds). That makes you correct about her having a phone with her, but how does that imply she worshiped it? So, I ask again, do you have personal knowledge of this woman or was the god thing just an assumption on your part?

Smartphones, like firearms, are just tools; how they are used depends upon the operator.
    Well that's fine, if it makes you feel any better, I was going to type it not say it.

Don't know her, which you knew already, but I'll bet she loved that phone, really loved it, like most users do. Many love it literally to death, as in walk blissfully into traffic looking at it or putting that facebook reply ahead of the lives of the pedestrians crossing the road in front of them. Studies abound in the effects these machines have on the user.....I feel the smartphone is nearly as bad as the home meth lab but probably kills more people than meth lab fires do.

DavidR....I have often wished my car came with a backup crank starter, similar to what WW2-era tanks had. Crank up a spring, release it, it starts the crankshaft turning, starts up a dead battery without a jump or push.

Berreta....my mail order bride should get cleared to travel in about a year, she has very small hands so I may have to allow her to carry a (shudder) .380. LOL She'll carry what she wants, although I will encourage her to carry the biggest she can shoot well and manage on her body.

Quote Originally Posted by I_Like_Turtles View Post
    Well that's fine, if it makes you feel any better, I was going to type it not say it.

Don't know her, which you knew already, ....
    Nope, I didn't know. I suspected it was so, but didn't want to make an assumption.
    Yeah, I do feel better now.
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by King Rat View Post
    Ok, you leave the house and get caught with Rioter Terrorist. So what would be your weapon of choice. Watch the video's and see how the victim was able to take down a few of them and save his life. Also watch the video of the wound.

Complete pictorial and video.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...w-Kenosha.html
    Charged with first degree murder.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Minnesota v. Derek Chauvin et al: The Prosecution’s Dirty Little Secret
    Medical examiner’s memorandum on Floyd’s toxicology report proves cause of death to be drug overdose, not murder.

https://spectator.org/minnesota-v-de...little-secret/

Tucker Carlson reported this tonight on his show... It seems that George Floyd had so much Fentanyl in his system that had he been found dead in his home it would have been an open and shut overdose case....This explains why he kept saying the now famous line "I can't Breathe" even from the back seat of the police car....

In the Jacob Blake case from Kenosha you have to give those Officers the benefit of a doubt...The original 911 call was from a female that said that a man was at her house that shouldn't be there and had taken her keys and wouldn't give them back and she wanted him gone...She wouldn't cooperate with the dispatcher and didn't give a description or name of the man so the Officers rolling up to the call every cop fears the most, a domestic dispute found Jacob Blake with a knife and it's not clear what happened between the time Police rolled up and the point they had him on the ground but he got up and walked to the driver's door and you can hear Officers saying Drop the Knife several times and then as the video shows, he resists the order and pulls away and then reaches into his car which will get you shot anywhere in America no matter what color you are....The Kenosha Police did nothing wrong and followed all Police training....What were they supposed to do, just say OK you can go now, have a nice day sir?

From Michael Brown to George Floyd to Rayshard Brooks and now to Jacob Blake there is one word that would have prevented all the riots, looting, arson and turmoil that followed their criminal actions and that word is COMPLY, do what the Police Officer asks of you, show your hands, drop your weapon, and know that if you fight and resist arrest, bad things will surely happen to you....Why is this such a difficult concept for some members of our society to understand?
    Last edited by getsome; 08-26-2020 at 09:17 PM.