Xssights   Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Makes me wonder....would being armed have made a difference?

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    Charged with first degree murder.
    Officer Chauvin is charged with "second degree murder" also and he'll be acquitted. That couple, the McCloskeys', that ran off a mob, has been charged but the governor has already promised they'll be pardoned. Charges really don't mean that much. This is a locale that allows looting and rioting to occur, of course they will charge anyone that dares stand up to their "useful mob." And that's what these punks are, "useful mobs," to help get Biden elected and to allow for more destruction of the Bill of Rights and more power to be gained by those mayors and governors.

But the lesson for us is, especially in light of the thread by the member who has just now decided to carry pepper spray....STAY OUT OF THIS MADNESS. Now if you are protecting your property, sure, but don't go out there, into the street, or try to go through a city one can expect allows this stuff. Don't put yourself at risk.
    Last edited by I_Like_Turtles; 08-26-2020 at 10:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by King Rat View Post
    Ok, you leave the house and get caught with Rioter Terrorist. So what would be your weapon of choice. Watch the video's and see how the victim was able to take down a few of them and save his life. Also watch the video of the wound.

Complete pictorial and video.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...w-Kenosha.html
    Take note of this line: Protesters were seen hurling water bottles, bricks, firecrackers and other objects back at police as they fired rubber bullets and tears gas towards the crowds...

When was that last time a "protester" tried to hurt people? See maybe just a little bit of CRAZY, INSANE BIAS in this article?

I jogged for years with a smart phone and earbuds. Then I moved to bone conducting ear phones. I use the phone to track my workouts and stay in contact with home and work. I also use it for taking pictures of my family when we travel and GPS directions when I’m in unfamiliar areas. I listen to podcasts while driving and get updates on traffic conditions. I was born in the 70’s but I don’t have a compelling reason to continue living in the 70’s.

So when you jogged you turned off your hearing and you think that's a good idea? Seriously, as a person that prepares himself to meet any danger, which is what an armed man does, you believe it's a good idea to turn off 50% of your early warning system? You recommend that for others?

I didn't even use ear buds in the gym. I rather liked hearing what was going on around me. As I joked with my colleagues, "I'll hear that first round being chambered and while you guys are busy being my meat shields, I'll make good my escape. Thanks guys!"

Not a fan of GPS. Users I know seldom know where they are, they become dependent on the machine. I've driven several hundred thousand miles so far, all with road map and reading road signs. If I get into a jam, I pull over and ask someone. I have never been "lost" and have always been able to give 911 my position close enough for a unit to respond quickly.

70's were great years man! Last decade of good-looking car designs! Not a fan of plaid, bell bottoms, or lift shoes....plaid car seats rock though, especially the front bench seat. Remember those?

Quote Originally Posted by I_Like_Turtles View Post
    So when you jogged you turned off your hearing and you think that's a good idea? Seriously, as a person that prepares himself to meet any danger, which is what an armed man does, you believe it's a good idea to turn off 50% of your early warning system? You recommend that for others?

I didn't even use ear buds in the gym. I rather liked hearing what was going on around me. As I joked with my colleagues, "I'll hear that first round being chambered and while you guys are busy being my meat shields, I'll make good my escape. Thanks guys!"

Not a fan of GPS. Users I know seldom know where they are, they become dependent on the machine. I've driven several hundred thousand miles so far, all with road map and reading road signs. If I get into a jam, I pull over and ask someone. I have never been "lost" and have always been able to give 911 my position close enough for a unit to respond quickly.

70's were great years man! Last decade of good-looking car designs! Not a fan of plaid, bell bottoms, or lift shoes....plaid car seats rock though, especially the front bench seat. Remember those?
    I ran since high School and never stopped. Very compeitive and later Coach. Many years of twice a day work outs. Very devoted to the sport. One thing for certain, I would NEVER wear any form of Ear Buds or anything to hinder my hearing. Way too dangerous! I could never and still never understand why anyone would actually stop or prevent a natural sense that the body has for protection. I have seen some many times of where someone with earbuds could have been killed because they could not even hear a vehicle aproaching, someone yelling etc. Do not use Earbuds. This is a Warning!
    Besides, I have always found most competitive runners are tuned in to their bodies while running. A earbud would be nothing but a distraction.
    God gave people a brain and a set of eyes and ears for a reason. Use them.

What is really scary is too see so many running and pushing a Baby carriage (jogger) with ear buds. Watched a woman doing this recently on a narrow side road and could not even hear a School Bus right directly behind her within 20' following her. Watched a lady doing the same thing and a car almost hit her turning into the neighborhood intersection and she had not clue it was even coming. If you want to kill yourself fine. But please leave the child at home with someone else.
    Same goes with the Fools that text message while driving. Just down right stupid!

Every time I ran except races that didn’t allow buds. I used my eyes to look for danger and made it a point not to jog through areas that got lots of police visits. I don’t crank the music up beyond being able to hear it and now my ears are open but I can still hear the music.

"God gave people a brain and a set of eyes and ears for a reason. Use them."

Not everybody.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I was on my high school cross country team 60 years ago.
    That cured me of any desire to jog in the future.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

DavidR....I have often wished my car came with a backup crank starter, similar to what WW2-era tanks had. Crank up a spring, release it, it starts the crankshaft turning, starts up a dead battery without a jump or push.
    Cool! I'd never heard of that technology . . . I recall my Mom (born 1926, rural California), told me that broken forearms were a common malady when she was a girl - incorrect hand position on the car crank.
    A city-slicker friend drove me and my brother into the back-country for some hiking. Upon returning to the trail-head a few days later, he got a clicky-click starter. He'd never bumped a car and didn't trust us behind his wheel, so we talked him through the process, and leaned our shoulders into the trunk. Seemed like the grade was deceiving, because for a smaller car, it had a lot of rolling resistance. Occurred to me to double-check his ability to follow instructions . . . . yep, he had the e-brake partially on.
    . . . then there was the other mountain trip when he hadn't bothered to investigate that odd squealing sound that his brake pads were making . . .

Quote Originally Posted by tokuno View Post
    Cool! I'd never heard of that technology . . . I recall my Mom (born 1926, rural California), told me that broken forearms were a common malady when she was a girl - incorrect hand position on the car crank.
    A city-slicker friend drove me and my brother into the back-country for some hiking. Upon returning to the trail-head a few days later, he got a clicky-click starter. He'd never bumped a car and didn't trust us behind his wheel, so we talked him through the process, and leaned our shoulders into the trunk. Seemed like the grade was deceiving, because for a smaller car, it had a lot of rolling resistance. Occurred to me to double-check his ability to follow instructions . . . . yep, he had the e-brake partially on.
    . . . then there was the other mountain trip when he hadn't bothered to investigate that odd squealing sound that his brake pads were making . . .
    My dad had a push lawnmower that you cranked up. Cranked up tension on a spring, then released it with a lever. The mower started. It was pretty neat.

You've heard the phrase "crank her up"? I believe that goes back not only to crank start cars but also to tanks. WW2 era tanks had batteries for starting but only in emergencies. The crew was to start it manually with the crank. Here is a video of that being done to a Tiger I.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROnb5ouBjNc

I have popped the clutch on a manual many times. I actually prefer a manual over an auto, not the least of which is the ability to start it by popping the clutch. This can apparently be done with a jack and a rope, even alone. I wish I still had my old Honda Accord, I'd try this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0naTvrigBY