Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cm9 slide stop

Default cm9 slide stop

Does anyone have a picture of the cm9 slide stop looking the "top" - look at front then turn down, if that makes any sense. My camera is broken or I'd post a picture.
    Pistol stopped locking back after last round & I tried adjusting the spring, no good. Field stripped to clean & noticed that some metal seems sheared off of the "top/bottom" of the slide stop. Can't find a good picture online & I won't have another camers for a few weeks. Like to be sure before ordering another.
    Thanks.

I’m sure someone will be along with some pictures, but in the meantime, with the slide removed and slide stop in place, insert an empty mag and see if it pushes the slide stop up properly. I’m guessing if a piece has broken off then the follower will not push the stop up.
    Kahr P380 x2
    Kahr K9
    Kahr CM45
    Sig P938
    Sig P365 x2
    Sig P322
    1911 Range Officer 9mm
    M&P 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by topgun1953 View Post
    I’m sure someone will be along with some pictures, but in the meantime, with the slide removed and slide stop in place, insert an empty mag and see if it pushes the slide stop up properly. I’m guessing if a piece has broken off then the follower will not push the stop up.
    Thanks for the info topgun. The part of the slide stop that's sheared is on the top when looking down with the slide off, the part "behind" the rounded part.
    Also noticed that the slide went up but not all the way. Inserting a magazine fully into the frame, the magazine catches & then drops back down a little. This has been this way since I bought the pistol so I don't know if this standard with cm9's?

FWIW, here's the slide stop in my PM9:

Here it is next to the only "C" series slide stop I have handy:

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Tried to upload a pic but it failed, wasn't that good of a pic anyway . Looking at your pm9 pic it looks like I'm missing some metal from the section to the right of the "round part".

Hello jonholl, welcome to the forum....Greg / gb6491 always has great pictures and he will know this better than myself but I believe the C series pistols have a MIM slide stop and the P series have a forged part and a slide stop for a PM9 should work in a CM9 pistol and would be a more durable replacement part and if you contact Kahr and tell them you need a PM9 slide stop they may provide one under warranty....

Does your slide lock back if you pull it back manually (with an empty mag inserted)?
    Kahr P380 x2
    Kahr K9
    Kahr CM45
    Sig P938
    Sig P365 x2
    Sig P322
    1911 Range Officer 9mm
    M&P 9mm

Not any more, only if I push the magazine up tight.

Got a new slide stop today, & there was a piece shaved off the original. Locks back now hand cycled, off to the range next week to try it out.
    Makes me wonder about the rest of the CM9 components, probably only had < 2,500 rounds down range.
    How about the recoil spring, seems to be working fine, but is there a "replace by" number?
    Like this small 9mm pistol, no failures to feed, fire, & eject, don't want to start getting paranoid <grin>.

Quote Originally Posted by jonholl View Post
    Got a new slide stop today, & there was a piece shaved off the original. Locks back now hand cycled, off to the range next week to try it out.
    Makes me wonder about the rest of the CM9 components, probably only had < 2,500 rounds down range.
    How about the recoil spring, seems to be working fine, but is there a "replace by" number?
    Like this small 9mm pistol, no failures to feed, fire, & eject, don't want to start getting paranoid <grin>.
    Thanks for the update!

Recoil springs are consumables, but there is no hard number to replace them at. To ease one's mind, get a spare. Then use one for practice and one for carry. Better yet, add a second CM9

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>