Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters

Thread: dreaded "gritty" trigger pull...

Default dreaded "gritty" trigger pull...

Long story short; I bought a used MK9, instantly fell in love with the smooth "ball bearing" trigger pull. Later, bought a new K9 and not so excited about the really crappy gritty pull.

Was in the process of polishing the striker channel when I noticed a burr on one side of the striker spacer, that little u-shaped gizzy that centers the striker in the striker channel. I was able to stone and polish that smooth. Completed the polish of the interior of the striker channel and now the trigger is smooth as silk.

I'm trying to understand what the bump, or burr was on the side of the striker spacer? Is that part a MIM part and that was a sprue? Is the spacer an assembly and the burr was a raised pin? It would be interesting to know if anyone would like to hazard a guess.

[QUOTE
    I'm trying to understand what the bump, or burr was on the side of the striker spacer? Is that part a MIM part and that was a sprue? Is the spacer an assembly and the burr was a raised pin? It would be interesting to know if anyone would like to hazard a guess.[/QUOTE]

It really doesn't matter. It shoots like a champ now. I'm in love again with my little black K9.