CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights   Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MK9 and PM9 Info Needed!

Quote Originally Posted by tokuno View Post
    I'm in the South Bay, and the hand gun sales news is indeed welcome. Let's hope the winds of change are blowing for 2nd amendment support here in this blue, blue region.
    And if you'd ever like to try out an MK9, ping me when the ranges re-open.
    Thanks tokuno, would love to try a MK9 at some point.

I'm 66, so I'm a bit worried about using my usual indoor range while the pandemic is raging (Reeds), as my wife has asthma so we've got to be extra careful! I'll most likely be making the long haul from the mid-peninsula to Metcalf to be outdoors until everything gets back to normal.

The FFL I used for the PPT was Guns and Fishing in Dublin CA, no line, no waiting, quick and easy.

This is amazing, the Kahr PM9 vs my CZ SP01 in size LOL!

Last edited by djd100; 09-03-2020 at 12:13 AM.

I agree with what G said.............................try before you buy if possible. I had to sell my MK after 8+ years of carry. It was just getting too hard to rack the slide and the worst was if you had to quickly clear a jam. Just too difficult and too slow.

Thanks berettabone, and while I agree the PM9 is tough to rack (I had to change my grip to do it, which is slower etc no doubt), I was able to deal with it ok and purchased a PM9 locally yesterday. At least it has more to slide area to grab than my freshly re-sprung Beretta 1935 which is also a PITA, and fewer sharp edges too LOL.
    Last edited by djd100; 08-29-2020 at 12:51 AM.

OK, picked the PM9 up from jail today, cleaned and lubed it via the lube diagram (it was very clean, but very dry), and I am leaving it with the slide locked back per many here.

Of the 3 mags, two appear to lock the slide back while hand cycling snap-caps (a 6 rd with Pierce Extension and a stock 7 rd), though one other 6 with Pierce Extension does not lock the slide back (mag follower?).

Question, with the factory optional Trijicon night sights, where can I expect to hold, center, or 6:00, or ??? etc?

Installed the Lasermax Laserguard which works well, will need to sight it in.

Next up a range if I can find one open as the local indoors ranges are shut-down due to COVID, and the local outdoor ranges are in fire areas, though they're finally getting a handle on the local fires so hopefully I'll get some range time in soon.

Thanks again for everyone's help, so my thoughts are to put a few hundred rounds down range, then see where I'm at with learning the trigger (who's pull is long but pretty smooth already), and the trigger's pull-weight seems fine for me.

I also might look at MagGuts +1 or the other metal aftermarket mag followers mentioned here depending on how everything goes etc?

Thanks again, you've all been a great help!

Doug