Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop

Thread: 8-round mags --> 9-round mags

Default 8-round mags --> 9-round mags

For those with Kahr 8-round 9mm magazines who would like them to be 9-round magazines, so you can carry 10 rounds including one in the chamber, I have tested a solution successfully (so far).

First, what didn't work: I tried the Kahr 7-round mag spring and couldn't fit 9 rounds in the mag. Possibly, a less bulky follower might allow it, but I can't speak for the spring force for the last round.

Using the MagGuts 6-round to 7-round conversion for the CM9 & it's brethren, I installed that whole kit in the 8-round mag, with the MagGuts follower and Kahr plastic base plate and plastic insert between the base plate and spring. Testing started with snap caps to see if it had enough force to load the last round, and it did. So I took some S&B 115gr FMJ, some Hornady Critical Defense, and Hornady Critical Duty to the range and tried it. I fired a total of 90 rounds in the magazine filled with 9 rounds each time, and experience ZERO failures to feed.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, CZ75

Sounds like you found a solution.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Excellent info! Thanks for sharing it with us
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

It's possible that other springs would do it, but this is the only one I had available to experiment with.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, CZ75

Good to know, thanks!

I hope I don't "need" that many rounds ever -- but if I do, will be great to have the extra...

Old No7
    "Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH