Xssights   Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Call me stupid

Mr. S we must have fallen from the same tree. Just about the same timeline for me. I’m a high volume, low accuracy shooter. Trip or two per week BC (before corona). AC (after corona) it’s considerably less with ranges closed and all the new gun owners wanting to blast away their ammo. Last few weeks the ranges are much less busy. Most want to hang on to the full mag or two that’s left in their stash.

Quote Originally Posted by tokuno View Post
    I bought reloading gear years ago, but my focus has been on 12g - trap, and have never even assembled my pistol loading rig.
    I'm about to contribute to a pallet order (so a larger component commit than might otherwise be advised for starting out), and am leaning toward Ramshot TrueBlue (clean, good metering) and whatever off-the-shelf bullets are cheapest in 9mm (115gn) & 357 (158gn) for plinking (inside 100 yards) - Kahrs & a Ruger SecuritySix 6" & M92 16" carbine.
    From your experience, any thoughts or advice on a better direction for powder & off-the-shelf bullets?
    Tokuno, can’t help much . Haven’t used True Blue or cheap 115gn. Unless you cast or have someone cast for you, bullets will be off-the-shelf. I use Berry’s plated, Acme coated and Bayou coated. Tight group, WST, Bullseye powders. Just picked up Silhouette.