Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters

Thread: "MA Compliant" K9...kinda neat.

Default "MA Compliant" K9...kinda neat.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/871388919

Kind of neat.....anyone have one?

No, thank you.

I have sampled a few subcompact pistols with thumb safeties similarly shaped and located. Every single one has required too much attention to swipe off the safety while acquiring a good firing grip. They all (understandably) try to make the lever so compact that it becomes an impediment. Even the standard GI 1911 lever is worlds better. It's good that Kahr has a workaround for MA's silly requirement, but I'm glad I have no use for it.

The only plus is you don't have to use it. For a womans purse carry etc, the safety might be a plus, when belt carrying just leave it off.

Personally I would not want it but there are applications like silly government rules where it is handy as you mention.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

The link shows a P9, not a K9, with safety. Does Kahr make a K9 with a safety?
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

Good eye. I noticed that too but only a day or so later. I probably shouldn't post so late at night.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    The only plus is you don't have to use it. For a womans purse carry etc, the safety might be a plus, when belt carrying just leave it off.
    That would be okay, if the safety is stiff enough that it couldn't be pushed on by accident. Otherwise, it's a no-go for defensive carry IMO. In that case, I'd rather have a Commander size 1911. If there is an aftermarket safety lever more resembling that of the GI 1911, then my opinion would be more favorable.

Quote Originally Posted by FreeMe View Post
    That would be okay, if the safety is stiff enough that it couldn't be pushed on by accident. Otherwise, it's a no-go for defensive carry IMO. In that case, I'd rather have a Commander size 1911. If there is an aftermarket safety lever more resembling that of the GI 1911, then my opinion would be more favorable.
    I agree with that, all points.

My daughter's father-in-law "HAD TO" buy a Safety-P9 to be Mass Compliant, after he took a liking to the PM9 that I'd sold his son (now my son-in-law) who lives in ME. He doesn't "need" the safety at his camp up in VT, but he uses it to build /maintain muscle-memory and quickly switches it off before shooting.

He said he's never had an issue with it and only got it "cause he had to"...

The only change we did to his Kahr, as I've done with at least six other Karhr's, is to install the Wolff 5# striker spring which really helps make a good trigger pull even better -- or in the case of my K9, T9 and P9 Covert (homemade) -- a very good trigger into a GREAT one.

Old No7
    "Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH