Xssights   Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SOLD - Kahr P380 Package $480$

Default SOLD - Kahr P380 Package $480$

I bought this gun new in June of 2020 and it is the all black model. (only around 6 months old I guess)

It has gone to in to be serviced by Kahr a couple times (First time it actually shipped brand new with a cw380 barrel so I sent it out before ever firing , I know weird. The 2nd time it broken a firing pin. Once outside of it’s break in I was dissatisfied with the reliability so I decided to send it in one last time . and actually just got back (still packaged up) I just personally don’t feel like companies should have to look at guns multiple times so I’m feeling a little turned off by kahr.

I did request extra attention since it had been there multiple times and I see more services done on it then prior ei “fitting guid rail” this work was not done previously but now was.

I have the pistol and two 6 round mags and one 7 round mag I'm not sure why but this gun came with an extra magazine so it had one more (a total of 3) then most p380 packages.
    Have the original case, owners manual and lock

I have the original rear sites but currently have 3 dot sites installed on the rear, I much prefer 3 dot sites (price new was 11 bucks)
    I have a mag guts kit which I will include but it didn't seem to work right so its not currently installed in any of the mags(price new was 22 bucks)

I have 1 boraii pocket holster (18 bucks new) Vedder pocket locker (46 bucks new) Vedder light tuck holster (65 bucks new) and a kydex trigger guard (price was around15 bucks)
    vedder is the best kydex I have personally found but I'm sure there are other good ones. These holsters were made to order with the request to have extra trigger gaurd covering because I am super picky about my trigger guards being 110% covered

this gun was carried so there is some wear on it mostly a couple small spots on the slide but over all its in nice shape and not old at all (again pretty much only 6 months old)

Edit: forgot to mention earlier that I have extra recoil springs and striker spring guide for the gun. Which probably costs me 25 bucks or so .

total in accessories is 200 ish bucks

willing to ship to your ffl at your expense... obviously a 4473 will need to be done.

Edit !: this gun was just returned from being gone through by kahr they shot 8 mags through it of 2 different rounds. Supposedly it feeds reliably, I have not shot it yet depending on how I have it I might break it out and give it a try. I added a picture of the letter from kahr and the gun packaged up.

I could not figure out how to include pictures so I included a link to a shared google drive with lots of pictures. CLICK FOR PICTURES ! -> https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...Cn?usp=sharing

$480 obo for the whole package
    If I have to I will be willing to break up the package
    Last edited by ottm; 12-28-2020 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Gun returned from kahr/ price drop

What a shame you can't get it to run. I bought two of them in April and they run perfect. I did the new Kahr prep before I shot them and they have never missed a beat. You should test it when you get it back. They are sweet little guns when they run right.

It's dumbly accurate if I do my part I shoot it better then my Glock 19 it's awesome to carry it took me awhile to find holsters I like... hopefully it is fixed when it gets back. I’m going to include a note requesting a little extra attention since it’s been there before to make to hopefully make sure everything is tip top for the next owner. Thanks for looking !

forgot to mention I have a extra striker guide and recoil springs that will be included all new in packaging (I assume there is packaging I made the order a few weeks back and Kahr just shipped the parts today! )

What arw the problems with the gun at this point?

So at the range the first 15 shot shots or so I took had A TON of failures nose down in the magazine and maybe 1 or 2 stove pipes. I suspected the nose down fail to feeds were a result of a bad magazine so i switched magazines and all those failures went away. (so obviously that's no issue they'll toss a mag spring in there and that problem will be solved) however I still was experiencing periodic stove pipes (i don't know maybe 4 or 5 in 100 rounds) and the very rare but present failure to extract (1 in 100). Probably something with the extractor at minimum since it has the fail to extract.

These little guns have to be run with a lot of lube and a tight grip. Mag problems could be rough lips instead of springs. Feed problems could be tight extractor. These guns should be better right out of the box. The prep of a new Kahr thread has worked for me, but should we really have to do that stuff? I enjoy it, but many don't want to mess with a gun, just shoot and clean it. The Fieachii (sp) ammo does not run well in these guns. Mine eat most anything, but I have never tried the Fieachii. I do shoot some reman in mine and they run fine to. I also have two maguts kits and they work fine. I hope it comes back running right as you have already invested so much time and money in it.

I was really looking for the best mouse gun, the Kahrs are leaps and bounds more featureful then the competition with exception of the sig maybe but I'm not really a 1911 style gun fan
    in regard to the magazine its a new development previous to this range trip the magazine ran fine ... kinda weird. Thanks for looking

Quote Originally Posted by dustnchips View Post
    What a shame you can't get it to run. I bought two of them in April and they run perfect. I did the new Kahr prep before I shot them and they have never missed a beat. You should test it when you get it back. They are sweet little guns when they run right.
    Bought one of those special deals as well in March. Also. Did the standard Prep and runs flawless. In fact here is the day I shot 200 rds of mixed ammo and flawless. Personally I think many people do not take the time to prep them and they limp wrist them without knowing it. (Not saying this is the case with the OP) The only thing I did not care for was the combat sight. I will change them out. By the way, this is my second 380 and the other gun runs great as well.

Limp wrist could probably cause the stovepipes i think... not sure about the failure to extract, however maybe the failure to extract was an incomplete cycle and it just pushed the round back in (caused by limpwristing) ...
    I don't think so highly of myself to think that its impossible that its user error. (obviously with the exception of the magazine which is obviously defective)

Quote Originally Posted by ottm View Post
    Limp wrist could probably cause the stovepipes i think... not sure about the failure to extract, however maybe the failure to extract was an incomplete cycle and it just pushed the round back in (caused by limpwristing) ...
    I don't think so highly of myself to think that its impossible that its user error. (obviously with the exception of the magazine which is obviously defective)
    From what I’ve read there was a manufacturer problem with the extractors for a period but Kahr should have replaced before now if that was the issue. All I can say is the one I bought during the same sale runs like a top. No issues even during initial break in.
    Rest in peace Muggsy

"Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world." Winston Churchill 1899