Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This P9 trigger.

Well, that certainly thickens the plot.

I found this older thread while looking for info on Kahr trigger differences. I have a P45 which I bought new shortly after they came out back in 2006. I like it a lot and just a few weeks ago decided to get a baby brother, a new P9.

Shooting them side by side this morning I realized that the P9 trigger breaks quite a bit further back than the P45.

So did/does Kahr make different triggers? Is it possible to get a trigger on my new P9 which behaves more like the trigger on my 15 year old P45?

Thanks

You'd likely need to call Kahr customer service on that one. Even if they do you'd have to contact them for parts anyway.

AFAIK Kahr stopped doing different triggers, ie Elite vs. the rest, around 2003 or 04. After that, they've all been the same. Although I think some may be refined in their parts, as in trigger bars being smoothed out so that the trigger bar spring doesn't creak as it slides across the bar. Possibly some other limited internal polishing too.

If your timeline is correct, then my 2006 P45 & new P9 should have the same trigger pull distance, correct? I don't see how "breaking in" will change that, but I'll not worry about it for another couple hundred rounds. But for right now, the P45 trigger is MUCH better than the P9. Thanks.

Like I suggested, call Kahr. They'll help you sort it out.