Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen   Xssights   Crimsontrace

Thread: Sight touch-up?

Default Sight touch-up?

Hi all: I noticed that the white factory paint on my rear day sight (PM40) is chipped and starting to flake a bit. What's the best way to restore the white?

Thanks very much.

Lt Walker

Any kind of enamel paint will work, Testors model paint, I've used my wife's craft paint. Not sure you can find white but white finger nail polish would work.

Apply with a fine brush or I often use a toothpick. I have some fishing lure clear coat that I sometimes apply over the paint, not sure it helps with longevity or not, does make it shiny.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Hello Lt. Walker, welcome to Kahrtalk...If you go to either Home Depot or Lowes you can find white appliance epoxy enamel touch up paint in a little bottle with a brush that works great....Since it's an epoxy when it dries it is super tuff and won't chip....Like Bawanna said a toothpick works well and is mich easier to control than any brush so good luck and again welcome to the place....

I use Testor's white on my wifey's and my own sights. Our firearms are always clean and the paint hasn't worn off yet. Just a dab with a toothpick.

Thank you all!