Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new   Xssights
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CM9 sights

Default CM9 sights

I just purchased my first Kahr, a CM9. I would like to replace the front sight with a night sight. However, all I can find are fiber optic sights from Dawson. I don’t see any listed on Kahr’s website, and I haven’t received a response when I emailed them.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I know Trijicon once made them, but don’t see them on their website either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PODan View Post
    I just purchased my first Kahr, a CM9. I would like to replace the front sight with a night sight. However, all I can find are fiber optic sights from Dawson. I don’t see any listed on Kahr’s website, and I haven’t received a response when I emailed them.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I know Trijicon once made them, but don’t see them on their website either.

Kahr has Truglo Tritium Pros on their website:
    Front sight: https://shopkahrfirearmsgroup.com/cm...ght-sight-kit/

Front and rear: https://shopkahrfirearmsgroup.com/cm...ht-sights-kit/

I've no experience with these on a "C" series Kahr so I don't know if the front sight will work well with a Kahr rear sight (like the old Tritium front sight did). I think I'd be inclined to go with the set.

A different beast, but I do have Tritium Pros on my P45 and think they are pretty good:

I believe Dawson makes their sights in house, so it might be worthwhile to give them a call.

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Thanks for finding those. Not sure why I couldn’t locate them on their website.

Kahr's website is rather whack. Even a phone call to customer service and the reply "oh yes, that's in stock" doesn't mean it is actually in stock. I paid for a holster listed "in stock," told by the rep "yep that's in stock" back in April and I'm still waiting for it. I called the customer service line last week....they still don't have it.

Personally I don't like "3 dot sights," but you may and that's great if you do. How about XO sights? (formerly "Ashley Express").

I really like the factory sights, the post and dot, but would like a night sight on front and one on the back. I think Heine made those but I don’t see them for the CM line.

[QUOTE=gb6491;419030]Kahr has Truglo Tritium Pros on their website:

I've no experience with these on a "C" series Kahr so I don't know if the front sight will work well with a Kahr rear sight (like the old Tritium front sight did). I think I'd be inclined to go with the set.

A different beast, but I do have Tritium Pros on my P45 and think they are pretty good:

Thanks for the link. Just ordered the front sight only kit for CM9. I did not know they had the new Brand in stock yet. A few months ago, I had ordered the other brand and it went on for what seemed like months and never was shipped. Always stating they were out of stock. Even billed my credit card. Finally I called and they said they were discontinued. They did take the charge off my card. Glad to see the new brand in stock ( called to verify).
    Personally I do not want or need a rear sight for pocket guns or Micro 9'mm. I shoot enough fast action, point and shoot that a rear sight on these small receiver just get to distracting. I do not target shoot them, so this works out perfect.
    Again thanks for the heads up.
    By the way, the front original sight is cracked. Cheap plastic.

[QUOTE=King Rat;419520]
    Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    Kahr has Truglo Tritium Pros on their website:

Thanks for the link. Just ordered the front sight only kit for CM9. I did not know they had the new Brand in stock yet. A few months ago, I had ordered the other brand and it went on for what seemed like months and never was shipped. Always stating they were out of stock. Even billed my credit card. Finally I called and they said they were discontinued. They did take the charge off my card. Glad to see the new brand in stock ( called to verify).
    Personally I do not want or need a rear sight for pocket guns or Micro 9'mm. I shoot enough fast action, point and shoot that a rear sight on these small receiver just get to distracting. I do not target shoot them, so this works out perfect.
    Again thanks for the heads up.
    By the way, the front original sight is cracked. Cheap plastic.
    Lol, here we go again. What total BS. I called up to make sure they were not going to pull the same crap again. Yes, we have in stock. So hung up and ordered right away. Now get this email.

Order Status Changed

Hi xxxxx
    An order you recently placed on our website has had its status changed.
    The status of order #XXXX is now Back Order

Well, went ahead and ordered the Full Set. Now will wait and see if they send me a email of back order. Lol, I also ordered a Sight Pusher. Might end up with a sight pusher with no sight to use. Ordered the Universal which sells for $79. on amazon, for $49.00 and free shipping on Ebay.

I went a different route; bit the bullet and had my LGS mill a dovetail for the front sight ($75) on my CM9 slide; to which I fitted a set of TFOs; grn. ft., yel. rear sights for a Kahr.I now have a pair of sights that stand out in all daylight conditions or in total darkness. don't need my lasermax anymore.

NRA LIFER

IDPA BELEIVER

Quote Originally Posted by bugs View Post
    I went a different route; bit the bullet and had my LGS mill a dovetail for the front sight ($75) on my CM9 slide; to which I fitted a set of TFOs; grn. ft., yel. rear sights for a Kahr.I now have a pair of sights that stand out in all daylight conditions or in total darkness. don't need my lasermax anymore.

NRA LIFER

IDPA BELEIVER

Cool, I lost my LGS. For some unkown reason mine had to shut down by ATF. Seems his ex-wife found some dire or something. I saw on a Ruger forum, some guy that wanted his slide cut, but all the vendors that do such work were back logged. Should have bought a P series. (former guns smith was great and great prices and turn around, he ended up working for a LGS and prices for any work just about doubled and turn around terrible. Have a good gun Smith, take care of him, they are worth their weight in Gold.)