Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CM9 sights

The Kahr night sight saga continues. Sight pusher has arrived, Kahr now say's after purchase again, OUT OF STOCK. Lol, why can't they just tell you this before you purchase the damm part? This is the third time now. The first time, the product had been discontinued yet they still listed it and charged my card. And the killer is they have no problem telling you the part is in stock with a phone call before purchase. They were also suppose to send me a front sight on one CM that was cracked. Have never seen it. I guess it was because they were suppose to have it in with the first order with the night sight.

Quote Originally Posted by King Rat View Post
    The Kahr night sight saga continues. Sight pusher has arrived, Kahr now say's after purchase again, OUT OF STOCK. Lol, why can't they just tell you this before you purchase the damm part? This is the third time now. The first time, the product had been discontinued yet they still listed it and charged my card. And the killer is they have no problem telling you the part is in stock with a phone call before purchase. They were also suppose to send me a front sight on one CM that was cracked. Have never seen it. I guess it was because they were suppose to have it in with the first order with the night sight.
    Kahr sight saga new chapter. Obviously do not have any night sight to put on my CM9's but did use My new Sight Pusher to remove one of the rear sights. The Universal Sight tool took it off with ease. (however, it takes a while to figure out the proper placement and how the tool works correctly for alignment. (just a learning curve). For $49.00 with free shipping, my only regret is not buying one years ago.

What gets me the most is that Kahr is still advertising their night sights when the product is long discontinued. Come on Kahr, at least take it off your parts lists or at the very least tell folks it is discontinued rather than taking orders for a product that does not exist.

Last edited by King Rat; 10-17-2020 at 10:31 AM.

Well alas, My night sights for the CM finally came in. The "Pro Glo" set. I will order a second set for my other CM9. Thank God, I love the Kahr and no one yet as duplicated the light weight of this fine gun. Ounces DO matter. And the Trigger is enjoyed by so many. Hard to find a sweet DAO like the Kahr. My Nano which is a gun I also love also has that sweet striker fired DAO like Kahr and another favorite which I had out last Sunday and Monday for another 300 rds. I now have over 13,000 through that gun. I also own two of them.
    By the way here is going back a few years, but a good article on the Kahr Trigger.

https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/trigger-recall-kahr-setting-mark-dao-pistol-triggers/

I put a APX carry grip on one of my Nano's but will be putting the Nano grip back on. Most like the Carry grip better, but I still prefer the original Nano. My hand at trying to do my own stipling. I carry the Kahr more due to the fact that it is about 3 ounces lighter than the Nano.

This might be blasphemy to some, but I'm gonna go ahead and tell this on myself and take the heat.
    At some point I got to believing the grip on my CM9 could be improved. I tried the "ghetto grip" ( piece of rubber inner tube) and thought it helped, but still wasn't completely satisfied. Eventually, I went to Home Depot and bought a roll of "Friction Tape". Put a few wraps around the grip...Not too much...just enough to work for me, my hand size, etc.
    That has proven to be a GREAT choice. I carry that CM9 daily in a Don Hume JIT holster. Haven't had any "issues" with the tape wraps. Haven't had to Re-do it. If I do...I have a whole roll of tape available. At this point, I'm not interested in changing out the friction tape for anything else.
    Looks like hell, I DON'T CARE. My CM9 is a TOOL. Nothing more.

I tried the ghetto grip also with the same result; my best fix (for me) was to use a houge sleeve, (I like finger grooves) and slipped a rubber fender washer under the sleeve to increase the palm swell and did the same on the weak side to suit me. trimed washers to conform to match grip angles. washers come in various diameters and thickness;about .50 ea. depending on size,so buy a couple different thicknesses and try fit. who cares how it looks if it works.

NRA LIFER

IDPA BELIVER

I've always preferred the Pachmayr grip sleeve myself. A bit on the squishy side for recoil and fills the palm nicely, at least with my hand size, normal size hand, longer fingers.

+1
    I use a strip of non-skid on the front & back grip panels, secure grip.

Quote Originally Posted by guido4198 View Post
    This might be blasphemy to some, but I'm gonna go ahead and tell this on myself and take the heat.
    At some point I got to believing the grip on my CM9 could be improved. I tried the "ghetto grip" ( piece of rubber inner tube) and thought it helped, but still wasn't completely satisfied. Eventually, I went to Home Depot and bought a roll of "Friction Tape". Put a few wraps around the grip...Not too much...just enough to work for me, my hand size, etc.
    That has proven to be a GREAT choice. I carry that CM9 daily in a Don Hume JIT holster. Haven't had any "issues" with the tape wraps. Haven't had to Re-do it. If I do...I have a whole roll of tape available. At this point, I'm not interested in changing out the friction tape for anything else.
    Looks like hell, I DON'T CARE. My CM9 is a TOOL. Nothing more.

UPdate on CM sight removal. Took out my other CM9 and removed the rear sight. This time I sprayed it with "Blaster" penetrating spray. The dang thing came out with total ease. At first I though I was doing something wrong. Checked it and sure enough it was just gliding out. No pressure at all to turn the sight tool bolt.

Quote Originally Posted by King Rat View Post
    Well alas, My night sights for the CM finally came in. The "Pro Glo" set. I will order a second set for my other CM9. Thank God, I love the Kahr and no one yet as duplicated the light weight of this fine gun. Ounces DO matter. And the Trigger is enjoyed by so many. Hard to find a sweet DAO like the Kahr. My Nano which is a gun I also love also has that sweet striker fired DAO like Kahr and another favorite which I had out last Sunday and Monday for another 300 rds. I now have over 13,000 through that gun. I also own two of them.
    By the way here is going back a few years, but a good article on the Kahr Trigger.

https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/trigger-recall-kahr-setting-mark-dao-pistol-triggers/

I put a APX carry grip on one of my Nano's but will be putting the Nano grip back on. Most like the Carry grip better, but I still prefer the original Nano. My hand at trying to do my own stipling. I carry the Kahr more due to the fact that it is about 3 ounces lighter than the Nano.

Glad you got yours. How about a picture?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PODan View Post
    Glad you got yours. How about a picture?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I really like this sight and will be placing one on my other CM as well. It seems to be much brighter than other night sights I have. The Front sight is larger than the standard siight and very easy to pick up for fast point and shoot. I will hopefully in the next few days do some comparison's and some pics at low light and dark. well worth the money I spent.