Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone try this? Very good slide stop removal video.

Doesn't work on my K9. I usually pull the slide back to the proper position and then use the base of a mag to push the pin out. Can't do it with my finger alone.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

The K9 and T9 are not the same in take down difficulty. I could easily push the slide stop pin out of my T9, in a similar way as the polymer guns. Whereas I've always needed a tool to push on the K9 pin. One of the features I really liked on the T9.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

FWIW, only the "K" series guns use a different style spring to retain and bias the slide stop. Let's call this a "straight"* wire spring that is held in place by a pin in the frame. It's located on the ejection port side of the gun.

The "T" and "MK" series use a spring similar to that found on the poly guns. Let's call this a "semi-circular"* spring that is held in place by a screw on the slide stop lever side of the frame. There have been some variations of how this spring is held in place: a plastic plug on the poly gun, different style screws on the steel guns, etc. The spring used on poly guns that was held in place by a plug is almost identical to the the spring used on "MK" and "T" series guns. The current spring on poly guns is a slightly different shape and mounts upside down compared to the older spring and current "MK" and "T" series spring. I believe there has been at least one "K" series gun posted here that had the same style "semi-circular" style spring used on current "MK" and "T" series guns.

*Note: the terms and "straight" and "semi-circular" are loosely based descriptions. The "straight spring" has slight bends and the "semi-circular spring" has some angular bends.

The following is from an excellent post made here: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...-pistols/page6

"Here is some discussion of the generations of the methods of retaining the spring with holds down the slide stop.The first one in the plug which retaines the spring on the 1999 generation P-9. I have never had an issue with this coming loose, but Kahr no longer uses this configuration.

Next is the system on my 2002 generation T-9. The serial number is just over 100. This early model had a flat tip screw holding the spring down.

As the desing matured Kahr switched to a torx screw for the screw. This pistol is in the 800 serial number range:

The current generation of Kahrs continue to use the Torx screw, but have added a washer under the screw to give more positive retaintion of the slide stop spring. This is my TP-45.

the tip of the spring you see sticking to the rear when properly installed will sit on the shelf in the slide stop. If improperly installed the spring will not be on the shelf and the slide stop be held down. This will allow the slide stop to come up and lock the slide back under reciol at times.

The slide stop is engaged by a metal insert in the follower of the magizine, so it is metal to metal.

"

Here's my photo of how the spring on "K" series guns engages the slide stop:

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

That was probably my only disappointment when I got my T9. Has the poly style slide stop. None have ever given me an issue and if I ever have one I've learned enough here to give it the cure should it occur.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by I_Like_Turtles View Post
    Always nice to be missed!
    You were gone?

Said this before when this video was brought up. I own one K9, two K40s, one MK9, and one MK40... one of my K40s and my K9 (if memory serves me correctly) can NOT be field stripped without using a tool or object to knock the slide catch out. The other can be done easily.

I have to say, this fella just saved my life lol. Our heater broke yesterday so while waiting for a new one, hands are freezing. Trying to disassemble the K9 with cold fingers = no fun lol.

Glad I found this video, I know it’s not the most refined but not sure why it has so many dislikes

Quote Originally Posted by rms2324 View Post
    I have to say, this fella just saved my life lol. Our heater broke yesterday so while waiting for a new one, hands are freezing. Trying to disassemble the K9 with cold fingers = no fun lol.

Glad I found this video, I know it’s not the most refined but not sure why it has so many dislikes
    I think he has many dislikes is because you're one of the rare folks that his trick apparently works
    Kahr P380 x2
    Kahr K9
    Kahr CM45
    Sig P938
    Sig P365 x2
    Sig P322
    1911 Range Officer 9mm
    M&P 9mm