Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Made two of my best shots ever!

Default Made two of my best shots ever!

Ok, so I was able to shoot a few rounds the weekend before last for the first time in 6 months. I ended up making two of the best shots I have ever made in over 40 years of shooting pistols!

I only had about 25 rds of FMJ to pop off with my S9. After those were gone I decided to step back to my 80ft mark and I fired two rounds of Federal HST hollow points. I truly was simply hoping to put the rounds in or near the 12in blue circle. Note: the golf cart wasn't there while shooting and the target appears much closer in image #1 due to having to crop it. It's actually quite a small looking target from 80ft away.

I cannot tell where the bullets are hitting at that distance so its a matter of checking afterward. Well, much to my absolute amazement the bullets were inside the blue circle and 1/2 inch apart. I drew the pencil circle around it afterward. I really don't know what to think about it as I'd have been happy even hitting near the blue circle with only two attempts. I'll never duplicate those two shots but it sure was fun......

God Bless,
    Ralph
    Attached Images Attached Images

If it was one I'd say blind hog luck but two, that's masterful shooting. Well done.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Are you sure there weren’t some holes in the target before you placed it out there?

Really well done!

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Great way to end the day!

Note to self: when running from Ralph III bob and weave.............................
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Ha, ha, ha. Thanks guys.

If I managed a 14in grouping from that distance with my S9 I'd be pretty darn happy. However, to place two shots within the blue and that close together was crazy. I think I'll claim a little skill in getting both shots inside the blue as I'm getting more accustomed to my S9 sights. However, it's pure luck that they landed so closely together. I always like to take my last shots at that distance just to test myself.

Of course, now I'm eager to try it again but it will have to wait as I cannot waste ammo at this time. Anyhow, I thought you boys would get a kick out of it. Still loving my Kahr S9.

Ralph

I doubt I could hit earth from 80 feet with a hand gun so that's mighty good shooting Ralph....Glad you are liking the new Kahr and I can see why you would....

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Note to self: when running from Ralph III bob and weave.............................
    Serpentine, serpentine!

Thanks for the chuckle Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by dao View Post
    Serpentine, serpentine!

Thanks for the chuckle Colonel
    That is just classic! I actually went to the movies to see the In-laws with Peter Falk and Alan Arkin. One of my favorite movies with some scenes that are simply seam busters. At the end, Arkins character asks Peter Falks while in front of the firing squad.... “What’s the plan?”. “There’s no plan, Shel,” says Falk. “”I’m all out. What you got?”

Some shows/movies should have never been re-made. True Grit and The In-laws being two. It's funny, we have two daughters (11, 17) and their two favorite shows are Columbo and the Carol Burnett Show. It took a lot of effort and a lot of disgusting people to make Hollywood what it is today. To think of how great it once was with all of the great actors and actresses.

Outstanding.
    "Never pet a burning dog"