Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun

Thread: Done with Magguts in CM9

Default Done with Magguts in CM9

Ok, the magguts in my 380's run just fine, but man, nothing but problems in both my CM9's which run flawlessly otherwise. Tossed them after the last range session. What I do prefer is the Steel Mag followers from Kahr or Lakeline and the extensions from Gallaway.

I bought me a new hat.

Nice hat.
    I have no stake in the company but hate to hear someone else's troubles with equipment I'm betting my life on.
    I've had Magguts in my 2 CM magazines..(6 to 7 rd conversions) since I first learned of their existence. I've not kept track of how many rounds I've fired, but it's been what I would consider.."a bunch", several hundred (at least) through each of my two converted magazines with a mix of my mild reloads, military fmj and 3 different commercial "defense loadings". No issues. Good or bad...Always good to hear actual reports.
    Thanks.

I just bought the black cap with gold Kahr after seeing the PCH video post.
    Sorry you chucked your magguts - I've been wanting to try them and would've bought them from you.

Sorry to hear about your issues with the MagGuts conversions.

I've got a bunch of them, and haven't had problems with any of them - other than loss of blood installing the 9mm kits.

Any chance you could give us more detail about your issues with them? I trust your opinion. You've never steered me wrong.

I haven’t had any problems with two for my P9 or two for my CM9 but I haven’t put a lot of rounds through them.

With the CM9 I prefer the stock follower and spring with the Lakeline plus 1 billet extension. Gives me a full three finger grip.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed M View Post
    Sorry to hear about your issues with the MagGuts conversions.

I've got a bunch of them, and haven't had problems with any of them - other than loss of blood installing the 9mm kits.

Any chance you could give us more detail about your issues with them? I trust your opinion. You've never steered me wrong.
    It appears the springs get out of alignment and some even stuck, Maybe my bad on installation, but just to tired to mess with them any longer. Besides, I like the fact that I can buy Wolf springs for replacements.

LAKELINE STEEL FOLLOWERS

"Our follower was carefully designed and tested to help provide fault-free feeding in Kahr™ pistols. Compatible with factory magazines and factory magazine springs as well as aftermarket springs from Wolff Gunsprings."

https://lakelinellc.com/shop/metal-m...-for-9mm-kahr/
    Last edited by King Rat; 09-28-2020 at 05:24 AM.