Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights   Mitch Rosen
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New K9 worth $760 + $10 shipping? Also, will it have “NYPD” trigger or normal trig.?

Exclamation New K9 worth $760 + $10 shipping? Also, will it have “NYPD” trigger or normal trig.?

Hi folks, have been wanting a K9 for the longest time. Found one for $770 including shipping. No night sights, just a stainless K9 without night sights. Also, will it have the “NYPD trigger” or the Kahr trigger I’ve come to love? Worth the price or is that too much? Wanted y’alls opinion before I jump the gun, thank you.

It won't have the NYPD trigger unless it's new very old stock. Most likely not.

I'd comparison shop, check gunbroker, grab a gun, several others, and see what the ball park is. Seems like a lot to me but they aren't cheap either.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Wow, they are almost non existent at the moment. Grab a Gun shows a stainless one for 721. A few for a bit more. None show on Gunbroker or Buds........
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Wow, they are almost non existent at the moment. Grab a Gun shows a stainless one for 721. A few for a bit more. None show on Gunbroker or Buds........
    exactly, right now, they’re absolutely impossible to find. According to websites showing past sales, they go from anywhere from $670 to $900. I think I’m going to purchase it tomorrow morning. I’ve wanted one forever and while not the lowest price, it’s not the worst either.

Whats the old saying? "You either payed too much or bought it too soon" $760 sounds pretty high to me, but I'm old. If you have to pay additional state tax and dealer xfer costs you will be in to this thing >$800. The price of a nice used P210A.

I bought my DLC K9 in March this year. I payed 598 at Buds. That's 30% less than today's price? No where else can I get that kind of return on my investments.

Since I've owned my K9, a Glock 48 entered my life. This gun was conceived for folks that would never buy another Glock (me). A friend at the range had one and let me handle and shoot it. I had mine on order the next day, $500 at RK Guns. I don't know why I complicate my life like this but it is really a tough call on which one gets to come to the range with me.

An old B-I-L would say "you will never have another chance to buy this gun." That got me in trouble more than once.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by rms2324 View Post
    exactly, right now, they’re absolutely impossible to find. According to websites showing past sales, they go from anywhere from $670 to $900. I think I’m going to purchase it tomorrow morning. I’ve wanted one forever and while not the lowest price, it’s not the worst either.

Went ahead and bought it, $770 total. Not the cheapest but I’ve also seen it go for much more. Just saw one 3 weeks ago for $900 on Guns.com. Just checked Buds, same gun is going for $706, DLC for $713 (before shipping/tax). The ones I have seen used have gone from about $575-650 on gunbroker. I’d rather pay the $100 extra, buy new and have the 5 year warranty. I’ve checked them everyday for months and no K9s in stock at all. Paying the extra $50 for something I really wanted isn’t too big of a deal to me.

I might’ve saved $100 if I waited but with the elections but the real potential for many gun control bills with the Georgia senate elections being the deciding factor, I have no idea when I would be able to get another one. I’ve been looking for what feels like forever so I look forward to it getting here. Thanks for everyone’s advice, I’ll be sure to post pics when it arrives

Quote Originally Posted by Canine Dave View Post
    Whats the old saying? "You either payed too much or bought it too soon" $760 sounds pretty high to me, but I'm old. If you have to pay additional state tax and dealer xfer costs you will be in to this thing >$800. The price of a nice used P210A.

I bought my DLC K9 in March this year. I payed 598 at Buds. That's 30% less than today's price? No where else can I get that kind of return on my investments.

Since I've owned my K9, a Glock 48 entered my life. This gun was conceived for folks that would never buy another Glock (me). A friend at the range had one and let me handle and shoot it. I had mine on order the next day, $500 at RK Guns. I don't know why I complicate my life like this but it is really a tough call on which one gets to come to the range with me.

An old B-I-L would say "you will never have another chance to buy this gun." That got me in trouble more than once.

Good luck.
    Do you have a lead on a used P210A at that price? A friend shot my Standard the other day; now, he is jonesing for one of his own.

rms2324,
    Congrats on the new gat!

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

One of my theories is "Walk or make payments". You wanted the K9 obviously badly. That's reason enough to get one. You did your due diligence in finding one and waited long enough and then some. I say you done good. If you don't mention my name you can tell the wife I said it was a good thing and I have your back.

Years ago I asked one of my dealers to get me a PM45. His response was you don't want one of those they are so expensive. Same guy I bought my K40 from his inventory. I just said ok and ordered it through another shop. Don't stand between a man and his gun desires.

Many guys put far more money than that into aftermarket stuff on guns. Do what works best for you.

I love my P210 Target. Like your K9 I waited a long time to get one, almost lowered my standards to get a standard (now there's a sentence for ya). I'm still glad I didn't. It's one I break out often just to hold and admire. Love that gun.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Quote Originally Posted by rms2324 View Post
    Went ahead and bought it, $770 total. Not the cheapest but I’ve also seen it go for much more. Just saw one 3 weeks ago for $900 on Guns.com. Just checked Buds, same gun is going for $706, DLC for $713 (before shipping/tax). The ones I have seen used have gone from about $575-650 on gunbroker. I’d rather pay the $100 extra, buy new and have the 5 year warranty. I’ve checked them everyday for months and no K9s in stock at all. Paying the extra $50 for something I really wanted isn’t too big of a deal to me.

I might’ve saved $100 if I waited but with the elections but the real potential for many gun control bills with the Georgia senate elections being the deciding factor, I have no idea when I would be able to get another one. I’ve been looking for what feels like forever so I look forward to it getting here. Thanks for everyone’s advice, I’ll be sure to post pics when it arrives
    If you wanted it, could afford it, and are happy, you did OK. Gun prices have skyrocketed so much since March if you can find what you want, get it. Who knows what the future holds. I paid about $70 more than I wanted for a P365XL but it wasn’t the highest price I’d seen online, they had it in stock, and I picked it up in 5 days. I’m Happy I got it. You did good.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

It's times like now that you just buy anything and everything you can even if you don't really even want it.
    I've got several in the past Clinton Obama years that I bought just because they said they didn't want me too.

Right now get any mags that hold more than 10 rounds even for guns you don't own (yet). I'm tempted to order an AR pistol upper. I don't have an AR pistol but it's legal long as I don't put it on anything and if/when the rules go out the window and we return to the old west, who will care.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan