Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights   Kahr Shop

Thread: New 1927 a1 owner

Default New 1927 a1 owner

Hello Group! Just joined today. Bought a used 1927 a1 in hreat condition a month ago. Came with mags of 0ne 10, two 30s, four 20s and a 39 round drum. And a guitar looking case. Looks slightly used. Mfg in December 2003.
    Wanted one since young age. Shoots well with a few ftf.
    Anyone else have a 39 round drum?

Never heard of a 39 round drum. Only 50's and 100's.

Welcome to the oasis, glad you found us.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Me neither on this 39 rounder. I can only load 38 in it. Has Auto Ordinance stamped on the cover. Should I avoid steal cased ammo in a tommy?

I avoid steel cased ammo in everything except guns made from the same country and even then I don't use it.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I avoid steel cased ammo in everything except guns made from the same country and even then I don't use it.
    As far as steel case in a Tommy I could not tell you. I do not see why you could not. I have been shooting steel case ammo in all my pistols including all 4 of my Kahr's for years,
    and NEVER a problem. A lot of myths about Steel case ammo that have been out for years proving that there is nothing that will hurt firearms. And you sure cannot beat the cost. I would certainly try it first before just wasting a lot of money needlessly. The only issue I have had is with some revolvers. The Tommy gun might have issues, but you never know until you try. Good luck finding any ammo.
    By the way, I was getting 9mm Tula and wolf at $6.44 a box SHIPPED to my front door. I have one Micro 9mm that has 13,000 rds fired through it in 1 1/2 years with a large amount of that Steel case ammo and it is still running like a top.

I seem to recall when I bought my Tommy, the manual that came with it stated to only use brass. If I knew where the manual is I'd find it and put this steel/brass question to rest.

I've also never heard of a 39 round drum. I bought mine new and it came with a 30 round stick and 50 round drum, the AO case and the cello/large violin/guitar case.

I'll look at my manual but it actually won't put the question to rest. Most manuals say to use brass good quality ammunition and folks use steel and ammo with names I can't even pronounce. Most guns with polygonal rifling strongly suggest not using lead bullets but many people do that too. I consider that kind of like russian roulette, might get away with it for a long time but it only takes once and your gun and possibly your hand are gone.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

So I have an opportunity to purchase a sealed can of 600 count 45acp. Sealed US military. Thinking not good fpor Tommy use?

Why not? Definitely brass, probably full power.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan