Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace

Thread: Some good news!

Default Some good news!

As posted on FB:
    "We are proud to announce that our offer to purchase substantially all of the Marlin Firearms assets was accepted by Remington Outdoor Company, Inc. and approved by the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Alabama. Additional information will be released when available."

https://ruger.com/corporate/marlin.html
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Awesome. An actual firearm company purchasing a firearm asset. Almost sounds logical for a change. Thanks for posting. I hope they can settle the rest well. I heard the Navajo were going for the ammo portion I think but it fell through.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

That is good news, it took me awhile to find a non-Remlin .30-30 a few years back. Finally found a real Marlin 336C in near perfect condition. Knowing Ruger makes high quality firearm they should bring Marlin back to their former glory.

Thanks Greg, I agree that this is a perfect fit for Ruger and the employees at Marlin. Hopefully each of the companies that were under Remington's umbrella will fare the same.

This may also do a bit to revive an interest in lever action rifles and boost the sales at Henry.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

Glad I bought my 336CS back in the day. Still my favorite long gun, even though I shoot rifles left handed. I did sell my Rem. Model 700BD in left hand awhile back since I no longer hunt but the Marlin will go to my son, who is a true right hander.
    I bought the Marlin because at the time, when choosing between it and a Winchester I did not like the way the lever on the Winchester rattled even when fully seated against the stock. The 336 does not do this. Would have preferred the Winchester because of its long, storied history but I guess OCD won out.

Gave my 1968 production Marlin 336cs to one of my sons 25 years ago. It was nicer than the Winchester 94 at the time.

I’d love a stainless 336 in .327 Federal Magnum with a 16” or 18” barrel to compliment my Single Seven.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Marlins reputation hasn't been the greatest in recent years, actually since about the time Remington bought them. Hopefully Ruger can bring that back up to their excellent reputation back in the earlier years. I'm sure they can do it. Ruger makes good stuff.
    I have an early Marlin 357, got it for my son. Haven't shot it much but it's not going any where.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."