Kahr Shop   Xssights   Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: October....really!

OMG....Time to call out these guys. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hGhYbg3KVu0

This is telling on myself but tonight my oldest son and I were getting ready to watch the National League Braves Dodgers playoff game and before the game started Fox was playing a lead in song by Van Halen so I started head banging and singing along to their big hit "Let it rock Let it roll" and I'm getting into it and my son looks at me and says, dad what are you singing? I said that Van Halen song and he looked at me laughing like an insane person and said, dad the song title is Panama and they are singing Panama don don don don da Panama....Will stupid me bet him 20 bucks that he was wrong aaaaaand well damn if he wasn't right..... For over 40 years I've been hearing it "Let it rock, Let it roll" which I still think sounds better but now I'm out a 20 and I'm gonna hate the song from now on......You listen to the Van Halen song "Panama" and tell me what you hear....

Has that ever happened to anyone else where you think a song says one thing and years later you find out what you thought they were saying wasn't even close and it totally messes you up?....Years ago song lyrics were hard to find but now with the internet you can find song lyrics instantly and it just ain't right....I'm sticking with what I hear in my head because it just sounds right to me.......

I'm sure it has happened to me over the years, but I can't recall be that far off. My wife, on the other hand, cracks me up all the time. The song from The Who, "Who Are You", which was the open song from one of the CSI shows, she always sang Cool Water...Ooooh, ooooh. She didn't believe me she was singing it wrong until I pulled up the lyrics. Many others songs she sang the wrong words but that is the one I remember off hand.

And, yes, I would have bet you on "Panama", too!

Thanks Bert, I feel a little better....I love The Who and for years I thought the title of one of their all time greatest hits was "Teenage Wasteland" but it's really "Baba O'Riley" which makes no sense at all but most rock songs don't and for years they have been trying to explain the meaning of "Stairway to Heaven" without much success and God forbid they ever figure out the words to "Louie Louie" because I'm singing it my way no matter what they say the words are......Some things are sacred....

Saw this on FB:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Reckon I ought to be getting me one of them, I wanna be legal and all don't cha know........too bad I can't get that in a 380.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

-Rudyard Kipling

Voted early today - 30 minutes total from getting in line to out the exit.
    -Rudyard Kipling

My wife brought me this really nice hat from Branson Missouri in case I forget who I'm voting for. I have a huge head and it's really comfy. Most hats are snug even opened up all the way. Love it.

Crap, see the dogs been hanging out on the bed again. Guess a little dog hair never hurt nobody but ma gets a might riled sometimes.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."