CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights   Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace

Thread: Ok, maybe it wasn't complete luck from 80ft last time?

Default Ok, maybe it wasn't complete luck from 80ft last time?

Hello Everyone,
    So I purchased a used Walther p22 last week in order to begin teaching my daughters and I was able to shoot it today. I also shot 21 rds through my Kahr S9 as well, in keeping in tune with it. The Walther performed quite well but this story is about the Kahr S9.

So a few weeks ago in finishing up a range trip, I took my last two shots with my S9 from 80ft. I placed both of those rounds in a makeshift 6in bullseye with about a 1/4 in grouping. I pro-claimed those to be my best two shots with a pistol ever.

Needless to say, before I left today I shot from my 80ft mark are usual. So I thought the 2 shot 1/4in grouping at 80ft was mostly a fluke but now I am not so sure. I have gotten real familiar with my S9 this past year and it really delivers. Anyhow, I took 7 shots with the S9 at 80 ft prior to leaving today and I managed a 7in grouping. I just installed a trijicon front sight and the gun is shooting slightly high now as seen in the image. If you take away the one shot that is even with the bullseye and to the right, then my 6 shot grouping would have been 4in. That is really impressive for a sub compact pistol. Just FYI, my 7 rd grouping at 20 ft and 30 ft were 2 1/4 in and 2 1/2 in, respectfully. Those were perfectly centered but slightly high as well.

Fun day....

God Bless,
    Ralph
    Attached Images Attached Images

Well I'll be serpentining till at least 150 yards. Nice shooting.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Thanks Bawanna! I am really happy with the S9. I wish they had been around when I was younger.

Ralph