Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Filing down rear sight suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    2" high at 40 ft I'm not sure I'd even mess with it. It won't take much filing to get it back on.
    THIS.
    On a Colt Gold Cup match pistol...that kind of p.o.i. shift would require attention. On a carry gun, using practical practice protocols...I doubt I'd even notice it, or care if I did.

Quote Originally Posted by guido4198 View Post
    THIS.
    On a Colt Gold Cup match pistol...that kind of p.o.i. shift would require attention. On a carry gun, using practical practice protocols...I doubt I'd even notice it, or care if I did.
    Maybe so but I'm used to being precise and being able to make precise shots if necessary. Secondly, I help with Church security and there are areas 40ft and 60ft away from where I sit. Consequently, I need to be able to cover those areas in case something terrible ever went down, God forbid. I also have a family to protect. So this isn't just about personal protection or a simple desire to be able to put holes in the center of a paper target. I need to have confidence my pistol is at least capable of great accuracy. I highly doubt Jack Wilson's firearm was shooting 3in high at 50ft when he acted to protect parishioners in his Church with a single head shot at that distance. Irrespective of that, I am used to hitting where I aim and so a little tweak is at hand with my Kahr S9.

God Bless,
    Ralph